Trading Spaces | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Trading Spaces

M

MaryMotorMouth

Re: Trading Spaces

Oh no, SHow!

I haven't signed up because I'm afraid of the designer I's end up with!

S

Show 42

Actually, I wouldn't mind signing up. My neighbor across the street and I want our kitchens remodeled. This might be a golden opportunity waiting..........42

K

Kara Bear

sigh, this is bringing back fond memories for me...of days when i had cable

S

Show 42

Kara, I know what you mean........I don't know what I would do without the "Home and Garden" channel and the "The Learning Channel"........Kara, you must get cable soon.......the "Figure Skating Channel" is coming soon......42

L

LADSKATER

It would be great to have them drop by and "spruce" up my apt. Oh well, so much for my dreams.

Ladskater

K

Kara Bear

I think we're getting a dish soon. Soon I'll have TLC, HGTV, and lots of skating and I'll never leave my house again.

D

Dee4707

I guess one of the things that bothers me about the show is all the stuff they do would be in my opinion impossible to get done in 2 days. I sew and make several things for my home and believe me it takes hours just to make two curtins. I can't believe they get sofa covers done and all the other sewing accomplished in that time frame.

Anyhow, I do like the show. I have gotten several ideas from it.

Vern would be the only one I would let into my home.

Dee

H

heyang

Spoiler

I've been trying to find the link on the truth behind Trading Spaces. I saw it on another message board.

IN summary, there is essentially a whole team of people working besides the neighbors, designer and carpenter. The scenes shown are shot out of sequence. The end result is the same, but how it gets to that point is actually a bit fake.

Sorry if I spoiled the show for anyone.

S

Show 42

Re: Spoiler

I'm not surprised, heyang. I always thought everyone looked too well "rested" and perky on the second day after supposedly pulling late night "homework" assignments. Also, considering the jewerly and expensive looking clothing some of the designers wear during the show, do we really believe they "paint" the walls themselves? Anyway, it's still a fun show and I am totally "addicted" to it....... :) 42

S

SteveKmetko374

I've often wondered why the designers dress up so nice and never seem to get a drop of anything on their clothes.
hmgh!

S

Show 42

Good point, Steve......anyway, I have actually gotten a few good decorating ideas for my own home. I am definitely going to paint my wooden kitchen cupboards this spring. The kitchen makeovers have been a great inspiration..........42

S

Show 42

You got that right, Mary. I just finished watching another episode.....this is the one where Hildy used old LP's and stapled them on a wall as part of her theme. I think she's a terrible designer and I am wondering if she purposely uses outrageous themes to get negative reactions. I felt so sorry for the teacher's who have to redo that hideous room. On the other hand, I would love for Vern to design a room for me. He's got fantastic ideas and color sense.........42

J

jharland

I love the show! But would never in my right mind let them touch my place. But then I also live in an apartment and it wouldn't be allowed. Lot of times the rooms turn out beautiful but the others :x .
The one about the room with flowers on the walls, they weren't real and it looked TACKY. I'd like to see how they've done their homes.
How about when they put straw on the walls. :x
But it is a fun show to watch.

S

Show 42

Thanks for the link, heyang........I am not surprised that Hildy does not have a degree in interior design. Her creations attest to that..............42

D

dlksk8fan

I like Vern's artistic ideas. He did a show where he painted the kitchen linoleum floor. I thought what a great idea so I decided to paint my ugly downstairs bathroom floor. Of course on TV it looks a lot easier then it was and took more then two days to do. The bad part about it is you have to use oil base paint then oil base polyurethane. It looks great though.

H

heyang

I also read somewhere that Hildi designs interiors for industrial/commercial areas. Some of her designs would definitely suit larger spaces and they all have visual impact. I still wouldn't allow her to design a room in my house.

I'd want either Vern or Laurie to do a room for me.

S

Show 42

Okay, Hildie's lastest kitchen design ( I don't know if this is an old episode, but I just caught it today). She slapped 6,000 wine labels on the wallpaper in a kitchen (said she didn't have time to take the paper off and paint). The owners wanted to brighten the kitchen up a bit, so she had the cabinets painted "black"! Wow, that's a bright color. Oddly enough, the couple who owned the house said they liked the color scheme, only the husband hated the wine labels......She is too much!!!!! 42

D

dlksk8fan

Oh no! 6,000 wine labels:eek: Where did she get them all form?

I just watched one where the husband was having too much fun and causing a lot of trouble. He was painting and he was not doing a very good job so they told him to go find something else to do:lol:

S

Show 42

.........I think I saw that episode dlk.........was it the one where he came out wearing nothing but a tool belt? Too much!! 42