Where are you from? | Golden Skate

Where are you from?

G

Grgranny

Where are you from?

I always enjoy hearing about the posters.
Are you female or male?
Where are you from?
I hadn't posted this topic for quite some time so thought I would start it again. There are a lot of new people on board.

S

Show 42

Re: Where are you from?

.....Good idea, GrGranny........ I am female and live in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley which is in the middle (and nicely centered I might add) of California.........42

M

mmandel

MMandel (Manny). Male. Live in New Mexico, USA. Work as a Registered Nurse at a local hospital (Employee Health Nurse). Wife, 2 daughters. Play bass clarinet with community band. Love Ice Skating! Fan only.

Sound like I'm applying for a dating services.

G

Grgranny

Got to thinking, and most of you know where I am from but in case, I am from Kansas. (And tired of all the jokes about Dorothy & Toto.) I have 4 children, 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.

A

Aloft02

What a nice way to get to know folks here, Grgranny.

I'm a female non-skater living on a beautiful green island in northwest Washington State, (equidistance from Seattle and Vancouver B.C., e.g. middle-of-nowhere and that's how I like it :) ) Married 25 years this year to a delightful Englishman. Stepdaughters both live in New Zealand. You should see our phone bills, sheesh!

P

Piel

My name is Patti I live in West Virginia near Charleston. I am a registered nurse too Manny...ER, CCU, ICU, and Dialysis but am now retired due to an injury. I don't have any children but love being an aunt to my three neices and four nephews. My favorite neice is expecting a baby in early July which I plan to spoil rotten. I volunteer at the local elementary school doing read aloud and home room mother (aunt?), and also have two Girl Scout troops (cookie order taking started yesterday:eek: ). Love volunteering in my community, a great way to meet very nice people.

Piel

R

RED DOG45

I'm male, and I live in Houston, Tx.

D

DORISPULASKI

I am from upstate NY, but having retired this month, I reconsidering that. I probably will be selling out of NY and moving to CT (from bad to worse as to taxes, but closer to family) I used to be an engineer, working in the field of automated optical inspection and location measurement. As a retired person, I am still deciding what comes next. I have been married 38 years to the same guy, have 2 children, and 2 grandchildren, and love skating.

dpp

L

Lcp88

Chicago, Illinois area. La Grange to be exact. Female. Student. Skater, Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz's BIGGEST fan.:D
Laura

G

Grgranny

Aloft, when my husband graduated from college we had to move to Seattle, Skyway Park, my oldest was born in Renton.
It was the only place in the country hiring engineers at the time. (Boeing)

A

Aloft02

...and now they're laying them all off, Grgranny :( . The corporate hq moved to Chicago area last year. The last time so many layoffs happened there was a sign that read, "Will the last person to leave Seattle please turn out the lights." There's talk about reinstalling it I've heard.

I'm about 75 miles northwest of where you were. Come visit!

G

Grgranny

Aloft, I know. Wichita has been named as the city the most affected by the 9/11. Unemployment has skyrocketed. It's really bad.

H

heyang

Female. Couple of years to 40. Single. American Born Chinese - 1st generation American. Love spoiling my nephew and niece, reading, watching figure skating, golfing, dancing, etc. Born & raised in Peekskill, NY - presently live in central NJ. Attended RIT in Rochester, NY. Presently employed by Phillips - Van Heusen (the dress shirt company) as a Development manager in the Retail IT department - that means that I manage the software that supports the outlet stores owned by the corporation.

If this was a personal ad, I'd add seeking single asian or caucasion male for friendship and possible LTR.

F

Figureskates

Almost 57 year old male...meteorologist now living in Mass. Born in Summit NJ, raised in Short Hills..learned to skate at the South Mountain Arena. Currently figure skate 10 to 15 hours a week. Plan to retire to Lake Placid in the Adirondacks. Went to Clarkson in upstate NY and Texas A&M University...

J

jharland

Hi, I am 47 female, live in Western Ky for the last 16 yrs. I love to skate but we right now no skating rinks close by. There is rumor that the city park department is going to build a new complex which will include a rink. :)

L

lottafs

Oh and I forgot to add... I'm a female!

L

La Brum

I'm a 50 year old female, married with a 16 year old son.
We also have numerous pets, dogs, cats and a pig. (We've
also been through and got over the tarantula, hermit crab
fish and chicken stages.)
We live in Channelview, Texas (east of Houston).
I remember watching Elaine Zayak come from 7th to win the
World Championship back before VCR's were invented.

K

Kara Bear

Wow, this is really interesting.
My turn.
I'm a female history student who lives in the Niagara Falls area, Canada. But I'm originally from Nova Scotia.

D

dlksk8fan

I'm a 42yr old wife (20yr anniv this summer), mother (two sons 16yr & 12yr), old dancer, skater, with a BA degree in Physical Education. Currently living on the central coast of CA, but that will be changing soon.