Where are you from? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where are you from?

M

megsk8z

Re: Where are you from?

I'm 46, female, 2 kids (20 & 9), same husband for 21 years and I skate. A lot. I'm not great, but I love it.
We live in Illinois, Flossmoor, to be exact, which is south and east of LaGrange (howdy neighbor!).
I work in the pro shop at the ice rink because I stood around too long one day so they put me to work. But I get dibs on the best clothes, so I figure it's an even trade off.
Nicetameetchy'all.

O

Oceanguy

29, Male, I live in a small town in western Washington called Moclips. It's about 3hours west of Seattle. That's me!
:cool:
ab

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:helvetica;font-size:x-small;">As you probably guessed, I'm a Realtor! I totally LOVE my job--headaches and stress notwithstanding! I live in San Diego, married, one sweet little daughter. I used to be a voice teacher, even taught college. I occasionally do concerts around town. I'm also a closet writer with two still unfinished novels lurking on my desk. :D

I've loved skating since the days of Janet Lynn and Dorothy Hamill.</span>

A

Aloft02

Welcome Oceanguy - another Washingtonian joins the group!

(My husband and I were just in beautiful downtown Moclips a couple of weeks ago!!)

O

Oceanguy

Thanks Aloft02,
:lol:
Downtown......liked that one........Tell me, how did you not get lost? :p
I bet you guys stayed at the Ocean Crest Resort or maybe the Hi-Tide. I love it here. The ocean, the storms, the trees, and so on and so on......Did you know that Dr. Winkler, who I beleive is still a judge, had his practice in Copalis? He's retired now and moved to California somewhere........
abryan

L

LADSKATER

<span style="color:teal;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Ggranny:

Me? I am one of those unpoplular Canucks that lives to the north of the lower forty-eight.

Ladskater</span>

E

eliza88

I grew up in the City of Angels (LA) and then got wise and moved to the Emerald City (Seattle). I have a husband and 2 daughters and they all support my skating habit!

eliza88

R

rgirl181

Born in Phoenix, AZ. Moved to SLC, UT at 18, to Long Island, NY at 29, and NYC (Northern Manhattan--Fort Tryon area) at 34, where I've stayed put, except for a short, scary 10 months in Phoenix from Oct. '99 till Aug. '00. Between touring as a dancer and later traveling for business have been to every state and a few countries. Used to dance for a living--modern--and skate some for fun. Injuries put a stop to that silliness--sigh. For those who are new to GS, Realtorgal and I discovered here that we were twins separated at birth--Rgal and Rgirl--as well as founding members of Bovine Babes. Recently DarkChilde became the third member of BB--anyone who adores cows can join, BTW. So there's no telling what can happen on GS.
Rgirl
PS Lottafs: "Ghost Dog" was filmed in Jersey City. Perfect place to film a movie about aging has-been small-time mobsters and a young black hit man who follows the Way of the Samurai. Great location shots.

Y

yelyoh

Middle-aged male from NYC, very former actor, (though not too long ago did some performance art stuff with two gay groups). Teach college (the arts) as an adjunct (poor) and write. Live with two cats and play baaaad tennis. Michelle, and Torville and Dean, got me hooked on FSing.