Shawn Sawyer | Golden Skate

Shawn Sawyer

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess this post is mainly directed to the Canadian members. I was wondering what Shawn Sawyer's camp is up to this season. I know he placed 4th at Nationals last year, just missing the world team. I was viewing a cbc video interview with him in what appeared to be a gym and he looks so different, like he has really built up his mass. Is he training a quad jump of some kind and building up his muscle mass to be stronger on his jumps, which have been a weakness for him? Just wondering if anyone has any insight into his programs. His website says he is using the following music: Another Brick in the Wall (London Philharmonic Orchestra) for the short program and Moments in Love (Art of Noise) for the long program. I also got to thinking will this newly acquired muscle mass in any way effect his astounding flexibility? He appears much more stocky now, or am I just imagining this? Haha. Any thoughts? He competes this coming week at Cup of China and I hope for good things for him, but I know the medal podium is a LONG shot for him. Hopefully, his 3Axel has become more consistent, but I LOVED his programs from Canadians this past season.

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
This year's nationals is going to be a hell for him with the likes of Buttle, Mabee, Chipeur, Chan and Kevin Reynolds.

I know he is keeping his LP from last year. I guess he figured that he badly needs 3A to stay competitive.

Best of luck Shawn.