Yuka (pug) needs surgery... | Golden Skate

Yuka (pug) needs surgery...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
She has a bad knee, her left hind leg apparently has something wrong with it. The vet said what it was, but I don't remember the whole name and I have no hope of spelling it right (the second half sounds like 'petilla' to me lol)

it's going to be at least 1500 bucks :no: I have no idea how I'm going to pay for it, but it's something he says needs to be taken care of soon...

JOHIO2

Medalist
Sorry Yuka needs surgery. I'd guess it is a common problem in pugs but that doesn't make it any easier when it's YOUR pub. I'm sure somehow it will get worked out, Toni. Hang in there.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's actually pretty common in a lot of small dogs, according to our vet... and asking about it on my pug message board that I'm a member of the thing she has is a luxating patella

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw ... good luck to Yuka. May she have successful surgery and a speedy recovery. :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
All I know is patella is kneecap. (I think)
Sorry to hear it and hope things go ok, surgery and moneywise.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Purrs and nuzzles from Daisy, Morris, Abby, Callie, Boots, Furrgie and Yum Yum. Get better soon Yuka. Mrow.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
All I know is patella is kneecap. (I think)
Sorry to hear it and hope things go ok, surgery and moneywise.

yup that is her kneecap... and basically her knee pops in and out of the socket which causes discomfort and her leg giving out... she can actually pop it back in herself, but it leads to bigger problems down the road as her body begins to overcompensate for it (kinda like Tim Goebel's back problems after his injury a few years ago :no: leave it to a skating fanatic to think skating when her dog needs surgery!)

thanks for the well wishes... if she were awake she'd thank you herself... *sigh* lol

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni, sorry to hear about your baby. You're a good mom.

Dee

Grgranny's Baby

Rinkside
I'm sorry about your furry friend. It isn't fun to watch them have problems. Here's hoping you can get the money for the surgery soon!

Grgranny's Baby

fenway

On the Ice
Good luck with everything. Sending you my best thoughts & wishes. I hate to hear about sick doggies :(