Yu-Na Kim would portray Lea Salonga's role as "MISS SAIGON" in her free skate | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim would portray Lea Salonga's role as "MISS SAIGON" in her free skate

christinaskater

Medalist
Yu-Na Kim would portray Lea Salonga's role as "MISS SAIGON" in her free skate

Excerpts from the Korean Times

I am so excited for her

The name of the lead is Kim heheheeheh!

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Sun and Moon is a gorgeous song. We sang some of the songs from Miss Saigon in chorus when I was in high school. I love Sun and Moon. I saw clips of Yu-na's program, and there is more music variation, in this program, in the sense that there's dramatic/ and softer music.

I can't wait to see the program...And Lea's voice, gorgeous..

Wrlmy

Medalist
Sun and Moon is a gorgeous song. We sang some of the songs from Miss Saigon in chorus when I was in high school. I love Sun and Moon. I saw clips of Yu-na's program, and there is more music variation, in this program, in the sense that there's dramatic/ and softer music.

I can't wait to see the program...And Lea's voice, gorgeous..

wow, you saw her program? How's choreography? I'm pretty sure it's gorgeous. It's choreagraphed by Wilson, right?

bekalc

Record Breaker
wow, you saw her program? How's choreography? I'm pretty sure it's gorgeous. It's choreagraphed by Wilson, right?

I only saw a short practice clip, so not the whole thing by any means. most of what was shown was her spiral and some jumps... I wish I saw the rest. But her spiral looks one hundred percent better...It was like a less than one minute clip and it went from dramatic to softer music. She did a spin, her 3 jump combo, her spiral, and double axel/3 toe (Fall)

But on another note. I was in London some years back and went to see Les Mis. Lea Salonga I believe was suppose to be performing, but we got stuck with an understudy (who didn't have near Lea's voice) Totally disappointing because Lea's voice is to die for.

Last edited:

kandidy

Final Flight
I only saw a short practice clip, so not the whole thing by any means. most of what was shown was her spiral and some jumps... I wish I saw the rest. But her spiral looks one hundred percent better...It was like a less than one minute clip and it went from dramatic to softer music. She did a spin, her 3 jump combo, her spiral, and double axel/3 toe (Fall)

But on another note. I was in London some years back and went to see Les Mis. Lea Salonga I believe was suppose to be performing, but we got stuck with an understudy (who didn't have near Lea's voice) Totally disappointing because Lea's voice is to die for.

:) I saw that clip,too.
That practice was from August. And apart from her fall in axel, it was great!:yes:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i have great hopes for this program. sounds very good for her.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was fortunate to have seen Lea Salonga perform in Flower Drum Song on its last Broadway performance. She truly has an amazing voice.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i thought it was lovely. yu-na will never WOW me, but this skate was gentle and clean and she has lovely hands and arms.