Practice report/clips | Golden Skate

Practice report/clips

bekalc

Record Breaker
Yu-na Kim:
Yu-Na says: I couldn't skate a clean programme and made several miskates last season because of the injury, but I feel confident about this season. I want to show my improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6WKaDUa6Ok
I got this from another board and thought people would be interested.

Reports are also Lambiel didn't practice. Johnny's having issues with the 3 axel. And Evan was landing the quad/3 but starting stepping on the quad/struggling.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Her ina bauer into double axel is truly special. This one looks like a variation of the one she used to do, correct? Less than 24hours!!! Can't wait. Oh, what are they saying about Mao, Miki, Zhang, Kostner. I definitely heard their names in that clip.

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
Her ina bauer into double axel is truly special. This one looks like a variation of the one she used to do, correct? Less than 24hours!!! Can't wait. Oh, what are they saying about Mao, Miki, Zhang, Kostner. I definitely heard their names in that clip.

Nothing much.
The reporter said skaters like Caroline and Carolina are going to compete with Yuna, and Asada& Ando were at the previous events.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Un-oh. Caroline's 3F toward the end of the flip is under-rotated. Yikes!

Feraina, you might be too paranoid. Considering Emily and Nakano's triples all got ratified at SC, Caroline will probably not get major downgrade at this event. Oh, and it was probably her lutz. It's her sp, so she does 3f-3t and than a solo triple lutz.

feraina

Record Breaker
I sure hope I'm being paranoid. But it's an under-rotated 3Flz (you're right, it's her SP music playing). If you pause at the right time, it's very clearly under-rotated. Not just the toepick, but the whole blade. Only her 3T in the 3/3 combo and her 3S were this obviously under-rotated at SA.

After SA, it's hard not to be paranoid! I just checked the ISU website, none of the technical panel in CoC were at SA or SC.

I hope it's the jetlag affecting her practice, and by the time SP rolls around, that 3Z will at least be fully rotated if not off the right edge! To be safe, it's best not to count on a lenient technical panel...

flying camel

Medalist
I didn't see any clips of Bebe or Alissa. Nobody seems to care about them. Although, I did see Frank in one of the clips.:unsure:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thanks for the updates. Perhaps Lambiel didn't practice because he was eating breakfast during the practice session...wait that's Pang and Tong's thing!!!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I didn't see any clips of Bebe or Alissa. Nobody seems to care about them. Although, I did see Frank in one of the clips.:unsure:

well of you hav't noticed all of the pics are posted on Chinese? websites. On th USFSA we mostly post pic of American skaters. Same there. But yeah, i am dying to see how Caroline will do again. I hope she skates as well or better than last time. somthing tell me she will. This is gonna be a great competition!

fenway

On the Ice

Yeah I'm certainly not counting out any of the women (Bebe, Alissa, Carolina, Fumie, etc.) but I'll admit I'm really excited to see Yu-Na & Caroline compete if for no other reason than the "youth factor" :cool:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Wow.... Johnny's everywhere, on the usfs site and the 1ce network's as well. Not used to so much coverage. Is it a good sign or what?