Youtube Videos | Golden Skate

Youtube Videos

netnuts

Match Penalty

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the links. I was very impressed with Caroline K. She deserves to be in first place. Love her SP.

Now I am going to youtube to watch some classic Kwan. lol

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Liked Pang/Tong's music. I think it's a good artistic step for them.

M/B have good speed for such a young couple. Would like to see some polish on how he sets her down on certain elements like the twist. They need to work on displaying a connection on the ice.

Zhang/Wang: I hated their music soooo much that it was difficult to watch the program. They did not know how to use this music and it ends up being a total mismatch.

Vicky458

On the Ice
I have to agree with Hersh( And I NEVER thought I would say that) It looks like there is just skating with elements. Nothing goes with the music. Carolina K's music is terrible. I wonder who did her choregraphy. It can't be something that lori or kurt created.

jiggs

On the Ice
Carolina K's music is terrible. I wonder who did her choregraphy. It can't be something that lori or kurt created.

Well, I personally like her program. It's something new and I think it sets her apart from the other skaters. Her step sequence goes so well with the music! And yes, Lori choreographed both her SP and LP.

Last edited:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Well, I personally like her program. It's something new and I think it sets her apart from the other skaters. Her step sequence goes so well with the music! And yes, Lori choreographed both her SP and LP.

I hope Lori brought something new to Carolina's LP--since she's using the same music that she used for Michelle's SOTB/Dumsky Trio from 2001.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Zhang/Wang: I hated their music soooo much that it was difficult to watch the program. They did not know how to use this music and it ends up being a total mismatch.
Their music sounds like the theme song from Popeye the Sailor Man

nubka

Final Flight

I like it, too. The Doors rock, and so does Caro!

kikakiks

On the Ice
I think by thetime Europeans and Worlds will come we'll se Caro fully able to interprete that music. I agree that it's a great choice, since it's really different from what the other girls are doing. Still she needs to deliver it full potential, but there's time for it.
I actually thought her performance at nebelhorn was better.

I know everyone's in love with Zhang (I like her too, but with some reserves) but all this fuss about Pcs..I think there is the right distance (if not too big!) with respect to Yu-Na and Caro...
Actually, Caro's pcs are a bit too far from Yu Na...I wonder what everyone else thinks

nuge

On the Ice
What strange music for Carolina .She could be skating to anything if you turn down the sound .

Has anyone Videos of B/A D/S CDS please ?

Thank you netnuts!

I checked out McLaughlin/Brubaker. Those costumes (he looking like a comic book crusader and she, his assistant) do not gel with that music nor does their skating to such a well known piece of music which needs more maturity.

However, given this to be their first internationl senior competition ever, I was pleased to see them competitive. They need triple sbs jumps on the Technical side and a good deal more of maturity on the PCS side. It takes time.

Joe

And Caroline. Much improved in the mature PCS, faster, attack, and gorgeous spins. I do not see underrotions for tech purposes.

And Caro K. Much slower skate than usual but much cleaner too. A nice program - the best I've seen from her. However, her long Liashenko preprations into jumps is quite annoying. I suppose she gets credit for jump but no points for transitions.

Joe

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Coreography for Caro was greater at Nebelhorn. Here she looked much more concerned about TES. Anyway I just love this pose <3

Any videos of MEN SP? or free dance? I could not watch anything :(

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Thanks C_T_T

I thought Johnny's music and program was sooooo boring. Snooze.

Evan - looks like every other program he has skated too.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
thanks to everybody who posted the videos. Caroline was beautiful. She deserved first.

tae04

On the Ice
I thought Johnny did a good job. Very off day for Lambiel, nasty fall on that quad.

krenseby

Final Flight
And Caroline. Much improved in the mature PCS, faster, attack, and gorgeous spins. I do not see underrotions for tech purposes.

And Caro K. Much slower skate than usual but much cleaner too. A nice program - the best I've seen from her. However, her long Liashenko preprations into jumps is quite annoying. I suppose she gets credit for jump but no points for transitions.

Joe

Joe, I think you just coined a new term without realizing it!

The Liashenko preparation into a jump.. I think we should all start using it more often...

Example: That young skater can't fit in any choreography into her LP because of her long Liashenko preparations into her triple jumps.....