Thread: Adult Nationals?

Rinkside

Adult Nationals?

Has anyone heard any buzz on Adult Nationals? One of my friends has told me several different rumors regarding the qualifications for entry changing this year--i.e., eliminating the ability to qualify for Interpretive through dance testing, requiring entrants to qualify at sectionals (or do I mean regionals???). Any truth to this? Thanks...

There were no changes on the docket at GC, so whoever started that rumor is just doing that -- starting a rumor!!

Rinkside
    No ... the only change is that you can enter 2 artistic/interp events at AN's( 1 dramatic and 1 comedic/character) so long as you don't enter a total of more than 4 events in all. As always if a skater has passed silver dances there are put in with Master's skaters. A master's skater is one who has passed their gold fs/int fs or higher. The only qualifying events are champ gold/ champ masters fs, champ pairs and champ gold dance. You qualify at the adult sectionals same as the children top 4 move on the AN's in those events. There are still open events based on level and age adult and masters at AN's as well as, the Champ events.