Shen and Zhao plan to compete in Vancouver | Golden Skate

Shen and Zhao plan to compete in Vancouver

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great news. S/Z will be 36 and 30 respectively and if MK decides to comeback she will be 29. Interesting.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I have said it before and I will say it again. If pair ever deserved an olympic gold, they do. 2010 will be thier fourth olympic games. If anybody could come back at thier ages it's them. So far, there have been no pair that is the obvious choice for the 2010 gold, no russian pair has yet taken the throne and pang and tong are not quite up to shen/zhao's level. If they compete they have a great chance of getting gold.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Great news. S/Z will be 36 and 30 respectively and if MK decides to comeback she will be 29. Interesting.

I dont know where MK comes into this topic, she wasnt in the article at all. I like MK, but forget MK coming back, it isnt happening. If it were going to it would have been this year or last and seeing the jumping of the Asians at Worlds last year it definitely wont.

On the other hand I am anxious to see if Shen/Zhou do comeback and how they do.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I dont know where MK comes into this topic, she wasnt in the article at all. I like MK, but forget MK coming back, it isnt happening. If it were going to it would have been this year or last and seeing the jumping of the Asians at Worlds last year it definitely wont.

On the other hand I am anxious to see if Shen/Zhou do comeback and how they do.

You misunderstood my post. I was making an age comparison only, and not
bringing MK into this thread, sorry if you were offended. Also I would appreciate not being lectured on what your opinion of MK's plans are for the future. I can form my own opinion, thank you very much.

nymkfan51

Medalist
You misunderstood my post. I was making an age comparison only, and not
bringing MK into this thread, sorry if you were offended. Also I would appreciate not being lectured on what your opinion of MK's plans are for the future. I can form my own opinion, thank you very much.

No need to apologize demarinis ... you can talk about whoever you choose to. I was going to respond that other than MK returning, this is the best news ever!!!! :clap::clap:

feraina

Record Breaker
S/Z made the announcement at the CoC exhibition that they plan to come back to full training at least 1.5 year prior to Vancouver. So we should see them back next fall! :clap:

:clap::clap: :rock: :clap:

So, I just have to be patient until, what, 2009 worlds???
It's that 2009 Worlds in Hollywood that will bring back all those old timers, S&Z, Plush, Yags, Sasha and who else? Everyone will be there. It will be the greatest show on earth. It would be nice if they use a red carpet for a reception prior to the competition. It's all about a test about should they go to Olys.
Who knows? Maybe a movie contract for one of the skaters.

Joe

fenway

On the Ice
It's that 2009 Worlds in Hollywood that will bring back all those old timers, S&Z, Plush, Yags, Sasha and who else? Everyone will be there. It will be the greatest show on earth. It would be nice if they use a red carpet for a reception prior to the competition. It's all about a test about should they go to Olys.
Who knows? Maybe a movie contract for one of the skaters.

Joe

I hate to step on your punchline but Staples Center is in downtown Los Angeles, hardly Hollywood ;)

emma

Record Breaker
Oh, I just can't wait - it will be the best party outside by near Hollywood EVER!!!!

kyla2

Final Flight
Wonderful News

I think if there is anyone on the planet that can come back and compete successfully in their 30's it is Shen and Zhao. I don't think Michelle will be coming back. Just my gut feeling. I think once you have major surgery on a joint it becomes more problematic. This wasn't simple orthopedic surgery that she had done. I also don't want her to come back like Katerina Witt did-a pale reflection of what she once was. I would just as soon treasure the wonderful memories of the greatest figure skater of all time.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I have said it before and I will say it again. If pair ever deserved an olympic gold, they do. 2010 will be thier fourth olympic games. If anybody could come back at thier ages it's them. So far, there have been no pair that is the obvious choice for the 2010 gold, no russian pair has yet taken the throne and pang and tong are not quite up to shen/zhao's level. If they compete they have a great chance of getting gold.

Have they really skated in three Olympics? Wow (2006, 2002, 1998?). That's longevity. :clap:

With respect to deserving anOG, I can't remember them in 98 but thought the pair who won OG deserved it.:clap: In 2002, I thought they earned the bronze but the other 2 were the top 2 (pls don't start a SLC Pairs scandal - leave it at IMO S&Z earned bronze). In 2006...................for some reason I can't remember the top 3 pairs skating:scratch:

However, I think they are a fantastic team and I'd love to see them again in 2010. I saw them at 2004 Worlds in Germany and their performance was my favourite of the entire Worlds that year. I was disappointed they got silver because they had the program of the night IMO. A slight boble in the SP cost them but even with that mistake...............I still think they should have won gold in Dortmund.:disapp:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am not really sure how I feel about this. The pairs field is rather weak but..and as much as I like them....I don't know if I want to see them make a comeback. This is a difficult one.

discoduck

On the Ice
Look at it this way, you and I can road trip to Vancouver and hang out with Yao Bin and Massimo!:rock: