Nice if criteria of closing a thread is disclosed | Golden Skate

Nice if criteria of closing a thread is disclosed

sorcerer

Final Flight
It's the moderators' or the admin's decision as to when a thread should be closed. I am perfectly content with that. I imagine and expect that the decisions are appropriate.

At the same time, it would be nice if the criteria of that decision is disclosed.
The disclosure can be one at a time per case or as general.
That way we can be more careful to keep the friendly atmosphere.

Personally, I see bashing of skaters (or of a certain skater more often) that are let go to be more of an issue than the excessive exchange of irritation or anger.
... I think so, according to, or even without, the guideline.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's the moderators' or the admin's decision as to when a thread should be closed. I am perfectly content with that. I imagine and expect that the decisions are appropriate.

We appreciate that you are content with our decisions in how the forum is run. You are correct in imagining that our decisions are appropriate.

At the same time, it would be nice if the criteria of that decision is disclosed. The disclosure can be one at a time per case or as general.
That way we can be more careful to keep the friendly atmosphere.

There are times when we feel it's not necessary to discuss the internal workings of our decisions and outcomes.

The thread I'm certain that you are referring to was only closed temporarily until we could work out a "merge bug" in the forum.

The thread has now been merged to the one where it should have been posted to begin with and is in the Edge.

Thank you for your patience in this matter, as well as your confidence that the Golden Skate Forum team is doing everything they can to ensure a friendly and fun forum.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Gee, I see something quite elegant.
I envy the wisdom of folks running this forum.

Hat off to GoldenSkate.
Hope you'll feel my pigeon!