Please help | Golden Skate

Please help

Linny

Final Flight
Anyone attending or watching live? Please, please help out those of us who can't be in France and can't sit in front of their computer screen during the actual event. Practice reports and Play by Play reports will be most appreciated. Thank you, thank you in advance.

Linny
If you're like me and can't necessarily tell which jumps are which, just put a ? after your best guess and tell us about the costume, the music and your general impressions. Please don't be shy!

Anyone attending or watching live? Please, please help out those of us who can't be in France and can't sit in front of their computer screen during the actual event. Practice reports and Play by Play reports will be most appreciated. Thank you, thank you in advance.

Linny
If you're like me and can't necessarily tell which jumps are which, just put a ? after your best guess and tell us about the costume, the music and your general impressions. Please don't be shy!
And the ESPN version is not going to be any revelation. I don't know why fans of 'spoilers' worry?

There are 2 Japanese and 2 American Ladies plus a nice Swiss Lady that are musts. But it would be nice to see Glebova and Marchei, also. Are the Didiers sisters?

The Men - Just show all of them.

If one discipline must be left out let it be Pairs

For Dance: C/J; Del/Schoen; C/L; K/N; and D/W.

Yes we need Reports and Links asap. I cannot trust ESPN for giving more.

Joe

Linny

Final Flight
I can't watch live

Even if I have all the software installed and all the other gee-gahs necessary, I simply can not sit and watch the competition live. I just don't have the time.

I would totally LOVE it if someone could provide practice reports or play-by-play or even just general impressions. Is Anyone There? Please?

Linny

cotillion

Rinkside
Linny, the best I'm gonna get is sitting in front of the computer on the ISU site, probably like most of the other members, but I enjoy it, there isn't as much angst as there is watching it live. Skate Canada nearly killed me, because Country Canada channel showed nearly everything , it was bl**dy exhausting. So I am just gonna sit back, and watch the results roll in and not worry about nada, sorry I can't help you , but surely there is someone out there that will call it for us, I hope!! :biggrin:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those of us who have access to the Grand Prix threads on the FSU board will be able to follow the play by play, as there is usually either someone with access to a webcast, and/or someone in the audience sends notes to the board. Everything you want and more is there.

But you have to have a member login, and there is a fee to have access to the competition threads on the board. You might consider paying the fee if you want all the information you are looking for.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Following results via internet

Cotillion, you are too funny! I'm just like you, I get much less worked up just waiting for play-by-play posts and ISU results to be updated. Much less stressful than watching it live! I just hit that refresh button every X minutes (depending on if it's a long or short program) and voila! No nail-biting, little worry, lots of Freecell while I wait.

I told my husband I feel a little like a young kid from the early 20th century, avidly following baseball but rarely actually seeing it -- instead getting only to hear it on the radio!