Yuka (pug) goes in for surgery tomorrow | Golden Skate

Yuka (pug) goes in for surgery tomorrow

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just for those interested, Yuka goes in for her knee surgery tomorrow... dr said the results from her blood tests were "beautiful" just as he figured they would be :)

worst part is she will be gone from tomorrow morning to Friday EVENING! :no: I don't like her being away that long so I'm going to be very grumpy this week...

then after that she gets to be babied while she heals (which she will love) and then next week she will be even more pampered as my parents are coming up for thanksgiving and my mom is overly stressed out about the surgery as it is so it's going to be bad... lol my dog is so spoiled as it is!

anyway... yeah... I'm starting to stress out about the whole thing of her being away (I'm not too worried about the actual surgery as her Dr. is top notch and is one of the best for pugs in this area, and that's not just my opinion ;)) I didn't sleep well last night... and I'm making her snuggle in with me today (yeay for bad weather and cancelled class!)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As I said before Toni, you're a good mom.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I love pugs toni - any pics?

just for you ;)

n733500663_628416_7511.jpg

This is probably still my favorite photo of her, taken when her was just a puppy!

n733500663_628419_8624.jpg

Crazy puppy! AHHHHH!

l_402cf6c843f09179a2c10bd8b8c6fa5d.png
In her Easter blingage :rofl: just this past year

n733500663_480225_761.jpg

Taken this fall at University Lake... I love her little squishy face! :love:

n733500663_463774_8740.jpg

Pirate Puggy - she was not happy about the hat!

n733500663_608919_3756.jpg

Pirate face! Hee hee!

n733500663_608923_5345.jpg

They're best buds​

Binky30

Rinkside
((((((((((((Toni))))))))))))) and ((((((((((((((Yuka))))))))))))))))

Call me and leave random voicemail if you're feeling tooooo stressed. (Random, made up middle names are optional! ;))

Seriously, though....the "psycho pug" picture is tooo cute but my favorite is the first one of Yuka and Hailie. She's just happily playing, and Yuka w/ her mouth open looks like she's Hailie's guard dog. :biggrin:

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a complication-free recovery!!!

I know how it is when the furbabies have to go in for surgery! It will be much harder on the human parties than the furbaby!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
((((((((((((Toni))))))))))))) and ((((((((((((((Yuka))))))))))))))))

Call me and leave random voicemail if you're feeling tooooo stressed. (Random, made up middle names are optional! ;))

I SO would... but we're having issues with long distance and Alaska (they're way overcharging us again so my aunt is boycotting long distance calls... period lol)

oh well... I'll just spam your email lol

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Terrific pictures, Toni. All the best to Yuka with her surgery today! ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I took her in a couple hours ago, she's so sick of going to the vet that she really worked herself up over it and she had a very hard time when I left I feel awful! :(

fenway

On the Ice
Cutest. Pictures. Ever.

That bling is priceless, as is the profile pic. So dramatic! :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just got a call from Dr. Rapp and he said Yuka came through surgery just fine :) When they put the iv in they found a lump the size of a raisin on her right front leg so they took that off as well (I didn't notice it so that worries me lol) but he was really good about letting me know what was going on as he called right before he scrubbed up for the operation and then called right after it was over. I have to give them a call between 5-7 tonight for an update (so I will call around 6 lol) and then again between 6:30 and 7:30 tomorrow morning

I might try to talk judy into calling tomorrow morning lol because if I call I'll be "ok I'm coming to get her right now" LOL

I'm glad you can rest easier knowing that Yuka came through the surgery just fine! I hope she'll heal quickly!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Got off the phone with Dr. Rapp about an hour ago, Yuka is doing well... she got to have some baby food which the dr. personally spoon fed to her. She is so spoiled :laugh:

They've given her some solid food but she's still a bit out of it so he doesn't expect her to touch it for a while...

He wants me to call early in the morning to check to see how she did during the night :) So now I just have to try and get some sleep... it's been a while since I've slept without the sound of snoring!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear that the surgery went well, Toni. May Yuka have a speedy recovery. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she did well last night (WHEW) ate 3/4s of the food they gave her last night and had no trouble doin the potty thing this morning. She does hate the bandage though... lol

she was even being sweet to Dr. Rapp, so all is well (actually I think she just has happy drugs, because her being sweet to the dr is out of the norm lol but I didn't want to burst his bubble lol)

thank you so much for the support! I needed it! *hugs*