Skater Most Likely To Wear A Strange Costume This Season | Golden Skate

Skater Most Likely To Wear A Strange Costume This Season

Who will wear the strangest costume this season?

• TAKESHI HONDA (Perhaps a nice roll of paper towels?)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • SHIZUKA ARAKAWA (Please, no bird feathers!)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • ILIA KLIMKIN (Why not wear your pajamas and get on with it?)

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • SASHA COHEN (Don't flaunt what you don't have!)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • MIKE WEISS (Don't push the pecs on us, okay?)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • MICHELLE KWAN (No breastplates this year, okay?)

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • EMMANUEL SANDHU (Leave the eyeliner at home, okay?)

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • NAOMI LANG (I don't care what you wear, just comb your hair!)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • TIFFANY SCOTT (Not pretty in pink!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PLUSHY (You're not the court jester, okay?)

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I want to see how the new poll works. So, who will it be? Will toilet paper be replaced by Saran Wrap or tin foil, perhaps? Will your eyes ache from watching bad color combinations or enough glitter to light a small planet? Perhaps someone will skate to "Jurassic Park" dressed like a dinosaur! :eek:

Pookie

Final Flight
I voted Evgeni. He usually doesn't disappoint when it comes to strange costumes.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
First off, let me say I LOVE THE COW and I'm sure he would wear an awesome costume, and has a kick ass triple axel. (Is your cow male, BTW?)

Second, I picked Mikey, because I'm sure he will wear something meant to be "manly" and will come out wearing something hideously embarrassing. And probably split his pants again...

I think Evgeni's costumes are interesting, but not strange...

Laura :)

dizzydi

On the Ice
Strange costumes?

I vote for Pleshenko. He never fails to wear something strange and offbeat, IMHO. I can't recall a costume EP has worn that I thought was anything but ugly. The guy is an awesome jumper, though.

Dizzydi

first of all I am impressed with the number of selections for the Poll Threads. bravo, Paula.

Secondly, I can only vote "all of the above" :p Love it, RG.

Joe

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I voted for Ilia, but like Joe said it could be any one of those skaters.

Joe-glad to see you got the Dick Button picture back:)

Great poll, Rgal :D (Hey, where's :rollin ?)

I see Plushenko is getting a lot of votes. Does this include exhibitions? Will Evgeny be able to top "Sex Bomb" and "Big head?"

Thanks for putting your finger (so to speak) on what was wrong with Michelle's LP costumes the last couple of years. (But she still looked pretty in them, LOL)

Mathman

Lcp88

On the Ice
I never saw anything wrong with the way Naomi Lang looked, aside from maybe 2 seasons ago when her hair was shorter and she looked like she ran out of hair spray half way through doing it.
Speaking of, did anyone find out if they (L&T) were competing this year??

Anywhoo, I did vote for Plushenco, but when you really think about it, the costumes probably aren't his fault at all. I mean, he is coached by Mishin ;) :D. Remember Alexei's "One Banana" costume? :::Shudders:::
Laura

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This thread is hysterical, RGal.......I went with Takeshi (love the guy). The first time I saw him skate he was wearing a Desi Arnaz Conga shirt that looked two sizes too big......it's been uphill ever since.........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Re: Strange costumes?

dizzydi said:
I vote for Pleshenko. He never fails to wear something strange and offbeat, IMHO. I can't recall a costume EP has worn that I thought was anything but ugly. The guy is an awesome jumper, though.

Dizzydi

ITA ITA ITA

Plushy got my vote for the reasons stated above

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I voted for Emmanuel. Normally I would've voted for Evgeni too, but I think he's really improved costume-wise in the past couple years.

windspirit

On the Ice
I voted for Ilia. Plush's costumes are getting better. The costume for his SP from last season was great, IMO.

And where's Stanick Jeanette on that list? ;)

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I can't even remember whether I voted for Plushy or Klimkin! Klimkin will wear something bizarre but it will no doubt suit his choreography. Plushy will wear something bizarre that will just look ridiculous and have nothing to do with his choreography! ;)

I almost voted for Tiffany Scott because of that whole PINK Panther debacle. :eek:

MowgliGirl

Spectator
Definitely Klimkin :D Remember the 'traffic accident' costume from last year? Or Petroushka? Or... :eek: Having said that, I personally think Ilya Klimkin can get away with a lot of costumes most male skaters would never beforgiven :)

Plushenko is improving costumewise imo. Last year's SP was one of the most tasteful costumes I've ever seen.