Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VCR Alert - Cup of China

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

VCR Alert - Cup of China

Sunday, November 18th

3:30-7:00 PM EST

on ESPN.

Is anyone suprised that this coverage is actually 3 and 1/2 hours long

Usually you don't see coverage this long until the World Championships.

I am so happy

Thanks for the heads up. Goodness 3 1/2 hrs, seems like we will get to see all disciplines, or a lot of fluff.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    It's because there were so many American medalists. We may even get to see both of Johnny and Evan's shorts. Also, ironically, splatfests often get a bit more coverage, so the viewer can understand why the person who fell down so much did so well anyway-observe the covering of all the men's performances at last year's Skate Canada. I don't think they're going to show all the ladies between Suguri and the podium(I think they'll show her though), but we may see the entire second group.

with ESPN you can chalk a lot of it up to fluff...

I mean how many "she goes to harvard" things did we REALLY need during Skate Canada?

Also find out what sport is on before the figure skating. If it's a team sport, it may run over time. Come to think of it, Golf, too.

If it's a news cast of 2 blokes rehashing the latest in sports, that may well end on time.

Joe

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Bowling is on before figured skating I think. So there should be no problem with anything running over.

Custom Title
    I missed the first 15 minutes. I turned on the tv, and saw Peter intervewin Caroline Z. Did I miss anybody elses short program? also, it sounds like there is a new commentator. Who is that lady?

Tripping on the Podium
    Wow, Stephane hit his head REALLY hard! And he got his wisdom teeth out a couple days before this? Well I'm not that disappointed anymore. Poor guy.

Custom Title
    I felt so bad for Stephane as he awaited his scores in the kiss & cry. He looked so dejected. I hope he comes back in better form in his next event. The new lady commentator is Tracy Wilson. She used to do commentary for CBS's Olympic coverage and also works for the CBC in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by mystichaze View Post
    I felt so bad for Stephane as he awaited his scores in the kiss & cry. He looked so dejected. I hope he comes back in better form in his next event. The new lady commentator is Tracy Wilson. She used to do commentary for CBS's Olympic coverage and also works for the CBC in Canada.
    Isn't Tracy one of Yu-na's coaches.. It seems to me kind of a conflict of interest..

I love Yu-na but after the Pairs debatcle in Salt Lake I like to see the commentators a little less biased.

Custom Title
    Man, ESPN coverage totally dissed Alissa. Not even a mention of her name neither in SP or LP.

Quote Originally Posted by fourclover View Post
    Man, ESPN coverage totally dissed Alissa. Not even a mention of her name neither in SP or LP.
    Well considering that Alissa didn't manage to land a single clean triple in her long program, one could argue that they were being merciful.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Well considering that Alissa didn't manage to land a single clean triple in her long program, one could argue that they were being merciful.
    They just mentioned her now... she's in 8th place. So there's Caroline, Bebe, Kimmie and Ashley in U.S. Ladies team. I wonder if Alissa's going to be dropped from the radar for good.
    Last edited by fourclover; 11-18-2007 at 07:13 PM.

The coverage was so long today!! it was awesome.
    watching Stephane struggle was so sad. everytime he fell, i was like awww..that stinks. i hope he can skate better at CoR this week.
    Caroline was lovely as always. Too bad she fell twice but there was alot of that in this competition. :-(

I remembered to program it on my TV... but not eh VCR... so I missed the first hour and a half! UGH!

oh well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast