Joubert is withdrawn due to sickness... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joubert is withdrawn due to sickness...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I feel most sorry for the event in a way. I am sure that guy is a megastar in France, and for the event to lose the star attraction is so tough. So many people probably planned trips there mainly to see Joubert skate.

GoldMedalist

Match Penalty
You know, I would say that he got whatever it is from sleeping around too much...

...but that would be unkind. So I won't say that.

Hope he gets better and it will be interesting who gets the extra spot in the GPF.

TNT2012

Rinkside
You know, I would say that he got whatever it is from sleeping around too much...

...but that would be unkind. So I won't say that.

Hope he gets better and it will be interesting who gets the extra spot in the GPF.

Do you mean the " I'm so tired from over-sleeping sleeping around too much" or the "I'm basically a walking male tramp sleeping around too much" ?

Brian really did look out-of-shape in the portion of Skate Canada that I saw on tv. Many get well wishes to him. Must be awful not knowing what the heck is wrong!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
DIdn't Tanja Szewczenko have something similar that kept her from skating for a few years?

fenway

On the Ice
DIdn't Tanja Szewczenko have something similar that kept her from skating for a few years?

I'm not exactly sure what it turned out to be but she broke my heart. She had so much talent but a body that always seemed to betray her at the most inopportune moments :frown:

Best wishes to Brian. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Ximena

Final Flight
According to
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/13142/joubert-victime-d-un-virus/#photos
and
http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSect=800002&sid=8425385&cKey=1195153268000

Gailhaguet said that Brian has a virus that paralyses him, that his pressure is weak and that his heartbeats are quite fast and that the doctors have told him that he needs to rest for ten days.
Brian's mom said that he had bronquitis when he came back from SC but what he has now it's a virus that it's not the flu but she does not know the name, he says that he's wore down, that his pressure is very weak and he has a fever.

monsoleil

Spectator
Gosh...
The more articles I read, the worse the situation looks.
I am badly hooked on Brian's skating, so I do hope he feels better soon.
Get well Brian!

decker

On the Ice
My imagination is officially overactive. I think I need to stop reading and get somebody to email me when there is an official diagnosis. As I mentioned, we public health people tend to think of all the worst possibilities. It's the one thing I don't like about my job.

But for the record, there is only one STD on my short list, and it's an outside shot at best.

Hope Brian is well and back in training soon.

Susan

ae9177

On the Ice
I felt so sorry for Brian, wish him a speedy recovery.

GPF is not a big deal comparing to Euros and Worlds. He'll be in good shape then to defend his crowns. Get well soon baby!

calica

Final Flight
It is a virus that affects muscles to him. That is at least what l`equipe says.
10 days ;);)