Best ice dance team of all time? | Golden Skate

Best ice dance team of all time?

Best ice dance team of all time?

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Who is the best ice dance team of all time?

I was the one to cast out the first vote and it was for Torvill/Dean.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just vote by what I like... and I LOVE Jayne & Chris... always have... they are the best in my book...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I just vote by what I like... and I LOVE Jayne & Chris... always have... they are the best in my book...

I love all their programs. They never came up with a boring or redundant piece of work. It is amazing how they always came up with something interesting.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
This poll is a wipeout so far. Maybe I should start one for the 2nd greatest dance team ever after the uncontested king and queen of dance. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
even though I'd still vote for Jayne and Chris, why were Bourne and Kraatz left off the list?

hklboro

Spectator
I love all their programs. They never came up with a boring or redundant piece of work. It is amazing how they always came up with something interesting.

Well said.....T&D's constant innovation added to their fantastic technique and wonderful artistry, that, for me, makes them definately the best....:rock:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky.

I really, really, really love their programs. They were so original.
They also had amazing speed. I could feel breeze as I watch them skate. I especially love the 2006-7 requiem program. I love many of their ex programs, too.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
01 Torvill & Dean
.02 ANissina & Peizerat
03 Klimova & Ponomarenko
04 Navka & Kostomarov

Antilles

Medalist
T&D were the best. However, my personal favourites were A&P, with K&P second.

I can't believe N&K are on here. I think that's a recency effect. If you did this poll in 10 years, I doubt they'd be on it. There are other teams that I would put on the poll ahead of them, particularly Usova&Zhulin and Krylova&Ovsiannakov (sp?). I don't really remember their skating, but as gold medal winners, Linichuk&Karponosov should probably be included.

I think honourable mentions should also go to the Duchesneys and Rakhammo&Kokko

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I second what Antilles said--you have Navka and Kostomarov, but not Usova and Zhulin? There are plenty of better Russian teams.

But I still voted for Torvill and Dean.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
T&D were the best. However, my personal favourites were A&P, with K&P second.

I can't believe N&K are on here. I think that's a recency effect. If you did this poll in 10 years, I doubt they'd be on it. There are other teams that I would put on the poll ahead of them, particularly Usova&Zhulin and Krylova&Ovsiannakov (sp?). I don't really remember their skating, but as gold medal winners, Linichuk&Karponosov should probably be included.

I think honourable mentions should also go to the Duchesneys and Rakhammo&Kokko

To everyone who has a problem with N&K being on here:
They are good!!!!!!!!!!! I voted for them because I love watching them. They are my favorite all time team,

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Torvill & Dean

Dee

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
My favorites are Bourne and Kraatz for their originality. When you see their skating you know that the new system doesn't work. They would have never been able to do what they did with the current system. I really like Denkova and Staviski and Anissina and Peizerat too.