Thread: Skating on Canadian TV

On the Ice

Skating on Canadian TV

For those in Canada with digital cable, there's a French travel channel, Canal Evasion (EVAS), that is showing Skate America this weekend (Nov. 17/18) and Cup of China next weekend (Nov. 24/25), according to TV Guide. Since none of the main Canadian networks are showing skating this year, I was so happy to see this and I'll be ordering this channel today.

Thanks for the heads up -- and welcome! :

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi
    Welcome to the board and thankyou for the information. I have ordered that channel through Bell Express Vu and it is only going to cost $5 per month.

More happy news. I just checked this website for Skating Broadcast Scheduling in Canada
    http://cf.geocities.com/patinagetv/horaire.html

They now have posted they are covering Trophée Éric Bompard 2007 and Cup of Russia too.

I am one happy Canadian. The broadcast I think will be in French but what an opportunity to try to learn some French and watch my favorite sport figure skating at the same time.

jfdw

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi

It just got better NHK and Grand Prix Final too. Whee... xmas is coming early for me and what a nice present.
    jfdw

Rinkside
    Have just ordered that channel, thank you!

Rinkside
    They will broadcast skating shows around christmas too.
    Last edited by Tpangner; 11-17-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Tripping on the Podium
    Hi
    I watched Part l of Skate America broadcast. They showed the men's free and the pairs free. We saw Dube and Davidson's performance.

Unfortunately I do not speak french very well and read only a little. Is there anyone here who watched this who could figure out where the feed was coming from?

I am wondering if it came from espn or nbc. There was no ackowledgement of that in the credits at the end and no espn or nbc logo on the screen only evasion.

Would appreciate if anyone knows where the feed was coming from. Just curious since CBC or CTV could not reach an agreement with the ISU.

jfdw
    Last edited by jfdw; 11-17-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos