Skating on Canadian TV | Golden Skate

Skating on Canadian TV

Skate97

Rinkside
For those in Canada with digital cable, there's a French travel channel, Canal Evasion (EVAS), that is showing Skate America this weekend (Nov. 17/18) and Cup of China next weekend (Nov. 24/25), according to TV Guide. Since none of the main Canadian networks are showing skating this year, I was so happy to see this and I'll be ordering this channel today.:)

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
Welcome to the board and thankyou for the information. I have ordered that channel through Bell Express Vu and it is only going to cost $5 per month.

More happy news. I just checked this website for Skating Broadcast Scheduling in Canada
http://cf.geocities.com/patinagetv/horaire.html

They now have posted they are covering Trophée Éric Bompard 2007 and Cup of Russia too.

I am one happy Canadian. The broadcast I think will be in French but what an opportunity to try to learn some French and watch my favorite sport figure skating at the same time.

jfdw

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi

It just got better NHK and Grand Prix Final too. Whee... xmas is coming early for me and what a nice present.
jfdw

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
I watched Part l of Skate America broadcast. They showed the men's free and the pairs free. We saw Dube and Davidson's performance.

Unfortunately I do not speak french very well and read only a little. Is there anyone here who watched this who could figure out where the feed was coming from?

I am wondering if it came from espn or nbc. There was no ackowledgement of that in the credits at the end and no espn or nbc logo on the screen only evasion.

Would appreciate if anyone knows where the feed was coming from. Just curious since CBC or CTV could not reach an agreement with the ISU.

jfdw

Last edited: