Guaranteed spot? | Golden Skate

Guaranteed spot?

sillylionlove

Medalist
Is there anyone that has guaranteed themselves a spot in the Grand Prix final? I think that ESPN said Dube/Davison, Pang/Tong and Belbin/Agosto. Does anyone know this for sure? And info would be helpful. Thanks.

If you go to the Home Page of Golden Skate, you will see in the right hand column topic: :

GRAND PRIX STANDINGS
Men / Ladies / Ice Dance / Pairs

You can check on these every once in a while.

Joe

feraina

Record Breaker
Is there anyone that has guaranteed themselves a spot in the Grand Prix final? I think that ESPN said Dube/Davison, Pang/Tong and Belbin/Agosto. Does anyone know this for sure? And info would be helpful. Thanks.

Given that Brian Joubert has withdrawn, I think Evan's chance of going just went up from 95% to 99%.

Is there anyone that has guaranteed themselves a spot in the Grand Prix final?
If you get a first and a second (or a first and a first), you are automatically in no matter what anyone else does. The three teams that you mentioned are in: Belbin and Agosto (1st and 1st), Dube and Davison (first and second) and Pang and Tong (1st and 2nd).

If Mao Asada gets first or second tomorrow, she's in. If Kimmie Meissner gets first or second, she's in. If one of them gets first and the other second, they are both in.

Given that Brian Joubert has withdrawn, I think Evan's chance of going just went up from 95% to 99%.
I think it's 100%. :laugh: The only skaters who can beat him are Weir, Takahashi, Van der Perren, Chan!!, Lambiel, and Buttle.

But Lambiel and Buttle can't BOTH beat him, because they both need to win Cup of Russia to get a first and a third.

Worst case senario for Lysacek:

Weir gets 3rd at Cup of Russia. Weir beats Lysacek on the first tie breaker (1st and 3rd beats 2nd and 2nd).

Takahashi gets 3rd at NHK. Takahashi beats Lysacek on the first tie breaker.

Chan gets 1st tomorrow at Eric Bompard. Chan beats Lysacek on the first tie breaker.

Van der Perren gets second tomorrow, but with a huge score (Chan's score was even huger, LOL.) Van der Perren beats Lysacek on the second tie-breaker (total CoP points).

One of {Lambiel, Buttle} wins Cup of Russia. The winner beats Lysacek on the first tie breaker. The loser is out. Lysacek grabs the sixth and last spot in the finals. :)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
It seems that Chan has assured himself a spot at the final as well, with bronze and gold. So have the other teams listed above. Dube/Davison have gold and silver, and have beaten Pang/Tong, who also have gold and silver on the tiebreaker. Both teams are in. Belbin/Agosto have two golds, so their definately in. Asada is also in, with 2 wins.

Last edited: