Lobacheva & Averbukh get divorced | Golden Skate

Lobacheva & Averbukh get divorced

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/29810.html

Ilya Averbukh: Divorce is not a reason for a show
From now on, each of this star duo will write their own story.

They share many victories on the ice and 15 years of living together. They have a son who will soon turn four. They have the fans’ love. They have all that, and will continue to have it still. What they won’t have is a family of Irina Lobacheva and Ilya Averbukh. The famous skaters divorced ten days ago. Ilya Averbukh himself commented the situation for “MK”.

“The divorce happened, I won’t deny it. However, I don’t want to comment further. It’s my own business. It’s my family. I want to keep it private. Remember what there was around Lolita’s, or Plushenko’s divorces? I understand that Ira and I will be discussed every which way, and people will write lies about us. For some, it’s just a fun show. I understand we can’t escape it. However, I won’t be the one to share our business with the public. If Ira decides differently, it’s her right. I just decided this for myself.”

“Is it possible for you to stay if not on friendly terms, than at least on some terms with Irina?”

“Yes, I hope we’ll stay on civil terms. We continue to work together. More importantly, I hope the divorce won’t hurt our child too. I’ve always respected Irina, and I continue to do so still. Of course, things change. I just don’t want our life to be complicated any more that it already is.”

“How long ago did the divorce take place?”

“Ten days.”

“Whose idea was it?”

“I think Ira and I know this, and it really doesn’t matter to others. It takes two for a divorce.”

“Telling the journalists the story of a beautiful love of Lobacheva and Averbukh, you always underscored that you had no regrets, only joy. I guess it’s now time for regrets – not for the past.”

“Live goes on. It’s full, it’s very complex, it has many currents, and it changes constantly. Of course, I regret that it didn’t work out for Ira and me – we both put in a long and honest effort to preserve our family, though much of it was exclusively for our son. Every child needs a family. Obviously, it will be difficult for Martin. But Ira and I will do everything to insure that the divorce aftermath will be as painless as possible for our son. As for everything else… it’s life.”

“When people did something together, and then each goes to do something different, is it possible to preserve the family? Or is it an absolutely natural process leading to people just growing too far apart?”

“There are no recipes. Each one has a unique story. Each one has his own ball of life problems, where work is connected not only to work, but to other things as well. One problem leads to another, some can deal with it, but we couldn’t. Irina and I were together for a long time – we started dating at 17, and moved in at 19. Regardless of how you count, we’ve been together for fifteen years; we can’t, and frankly wouldn’t want to forget or strike them. Respect remains. Life goes on. Now, each of us will have their own stories.”

Gregor

Rinkside
I think before it was Anissina and Averbukh. Did not he drop her for Lobacheva? And that was when Anissina partnered with Peizerat with great success? This is an intseresting story.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think before it was Anissina and Averbukh. Did not he drop her for Lobacheva? And that was when Anissina partnered with Peizerat with great success? This is an intseresting story.
Anissina and Averbukh were partners only on ice, never in life; in fact, they argued and fought all the time. When Averbukh fell in love with Lobacheva, he indeed decided to switch partners. Linichuk did not want to search for another partner for Anissina, so the latter was out on the street; no other Russian coach would take her for fear of stepping on the toes of Linichuk, who was quite powerful at the time. Anissina therefore had no choice but to look for a partner abroad; she wrote to Peizerat and Kraatz. Victor already having found Shae Lynn, it was Peizerat she ended up with.