Pairs Free Skate - History in the making??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate - History in the making???

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 125.36 68.00 57.36 7.55 7.00 7.10 7.20 7.00 0.00 #8
2 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 122.61 63.17 59.44 7.55 7.15 7.55 7.45 7.45 0.00 #7
3 Tiffany VISE / Derek TRENT USA 109.70 58.42 51.28 6.50 6.15 6.50 6.50 6.40 0.00 #5
4 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 108.06 56.58 52.48 6.75 6.20 6.60 6.70 6.55 1.00 #6
5 Jessica MILLER / Ian MORAM CAN 98.66 54.18 44.48 5.75 5.25 5.70 5.55 5.55 0.00 #2
6 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV UKR 98.41 50.37 49.04 6.30 5.80 6.20 6.25 6.10 1.00 #4
7 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR 77.57 44.25 34.32 4.45 4.05 4.35 4.45 4.15 1.00 #1
8 Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA FRA 75.45 38.97 38.48 5.05 4.60 4.75 4.90 4.75 2.00 #3

Overall:

1 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG
CHN
196.96 1 1

2 Qing PANG / Jian TONG
CHN
186.93 2 2
3 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV
RUS
169.82 3 4
4 Tiffany VISE / Derek TRENT
USA
165.76 4 3
5 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV
UKR
152.59 5 6
6 Jessica MILLER / Ian MORAM
CAN
142.92 7 5
7 Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA
FRA
122.47 6 8
8 Stacey KEMP / David KING
GBR
114.25 8 7

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Judges ratified Vise and Trent's Throw 4sal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look at history :)

Ahhh GREAT! What an achievement for the young Americans!! First throw 3Axel from Inoue/Baldwin and now first clean throw 4Salchow from Vise/Trent.

netnuts

Match Penalty
YEEAAAHHH for Vise/Trent!!! :rock::rock: That helps make up for another proposterously inflated score for Zhang/Zhang.

Zhangs deserve every point for their LP. I think their SP was a bit inflated, but the technical content of their LP is really unmatchable, I actually believe it's a bit undermarked. They have the potential to score above 130.

They have 2a+3t, 3s... No other pair team can do such difficult sbs jumps. Poor M&T, they were overshadowed by V&T...

Last edited:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Wow, 2 throw quads in 1 day? Great for Vise/Trent and Miller/Moram. Negative GoE or not, Miller ritated it and landed on 1 foot, so it counts. I knew they were planning to try one last year, but it never happened. Good for both teams. I find Vise/Trent's style very interesting, so it's great that they have the tricks as well.

netnuts

Match Penalty
Wow, high tec scores really help PCS a lot. Compare V&T's PCS at SC and TEB, there were 11 points difference.

wow. Go quad!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Congrats to Miller/Moram. They landed before the Americans did :).

Am I hearing alarm bell going on at Dube/Davidson camp?

netnuts

Match Penalty

I don't think M/M can catch up with D/D anytime soon. But Team D/D need to be alarmed. They are very conservative technically, and they haven't developed any new element for how many years? They wish to cruise on PCS and better understanding of CoP. They beat P&T because P&T skated relatively poorly and got almost every non-jump element downgraded. But when P&T finally figured it out, D&D's scores are now left in dust.

Look, all other teams on D&D's levels are improving their technical content this season. K&S have a throw quad or maybe or sbs 3+3+SEQ, they also have a triple twist, M&T included a 3 twist, 2 sets of triples. The other Canadian pair also has two sets of triples, and throw 3lutz.

D&D had better wake up, and not go down S&P's path...

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Yes, I agree that D/D need to up the technical content. I don't think a throw uad will be enough for M/M to pass them by any degree, but they will need more. I think, however, that these elements will come if they remain healthy. As written above, they haven't added much content over the past few seasons, but they have had a LOT of injuries, so that's understandable. No, injuries are not an excue, but these two have had more in 2 yrs that most teams have in their entire career, so we should cut them some slack. If they remain injury free and still don't add content, then we can worry. Ant they're not very far behind the top teams in technique. They just need a harder jump combo and a better twist.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sorry, but, they did not. M/M had a two-foot landing, so their quad throw attempt was not ratified. Since Vise/Trent had a clean landing for their quad throw, it is their names that will go down in the history books.

After seeing Miller/Moram skate at Cup of China on TV, I can emphatically say that D/D haven't a thing to worry about. Ian Moram cannot land the jumps, period. D/D's total score for two events was 347.46, while M/M's was 280.22. And M/M don't get anywhere near the PCS scores D/D get.

oxade21

Match Penalty
I don't think M/M can catch up with D/D anytime soon. But Team D/D need to be alarmed. They are very conservative technically, and they haven't developed any new element for how many years? They wish to cruise on PCS and better understanding of CoP. They beat P&T because P&T skated relatively poorly and got almost every non-jump element downgraded. But when P&T finally figured it out, D&D's scores are now left in dust.

Look, all other teams on D&D's levels are improving their technical content this season. K&S have a throw quad or maybe or sbs 3+3+SEQ, they also have a triple twist, M&T included a 3 twist, 2 sets of triples. The other Canadian pair also has two sets of triples, and throw 3lutz.

D&D had better wake up, and not go down S&P's path...

ITA, That's what I have been saying all along since I saw all international competition, D/D have very good skating skills, but their program content is way too easy compared to K/S, M/T and more remotely S/S and Chinese.
This year they have a shot at bronze at worlds but in order for them to get it, they have to rely on others mistakes as base value difference is substantial. I doubt as the season progress the competitors fizzle, especially M/T looking like very determined and ready for fight.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree that while Miller / Moram are no threat to Dube/Davison, the other top teams in the world have bigger tricks and definitely have an advantage when it comes to the World podium.

D/D seem to have become complacent about their skating. Right after they edged Pang / Tong at Skate America, D/D gave an interview where they said they didn't want to win Worlds this year, because it was too soon, and it would be too hard to stay on top right through 2010.

I think they have a very distorted view of their placement in the scheme of things. Pang / Tong, Zhang / Zhang and Savchenko / Szolkowy gear their campaigns to peak at Worlds, not in the GP. Right now, it appears that these three teams will duke it out for positions on the World podium. At this point, Mukhortova / Trankov and Kawaguchi / Smirnov seem to be a cut below D/D, but that is probably going to change next year if D/D remain complacent about their skills. So there will be loads of competition next season, and D/D is by no means assured of keeping up with it. Add in Shen/Zhao, who have announced they will return before 2010, and D/D's statement about winning Worlds seems a little premature, to say the least.

beep_beep

Medalist
Yesterday, I read in some places (on the isu site for example) that vise/trent's quad wasn't the first one (!!!???????) I thought no one had done it before....

But today they corrected it... Am I the only one that read it ???? :scratch:

They said that zhang/zhang landed it at skate america 2005.
I couldn't find any videos of it on youtube.

what caused that mess ?

help. anyone ?