Patrick Chan - Is He the Next Male Skater to Rank with the Greatest? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan - Is He the Next Male Skater to Rank with the Greatest?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw Patrick live and in person at Skate America. In addition to being a really nice guy, I was impressed with his skating. Do I think he is the next skater to rank with the greatest....I don't know.

We saw him skate live and in person at Skate America too, and were very impressed with him. :clap: I do hope he continues to skate beautifully and get great results. I also hope and wish the media would not put so much pressure on him. Let him keep developing and leave him alone. that's probably not going to happen, though. :frown2:

I also hope and wish the media would not put so much pressure on him. Let him keep developing and leave him alone. that's probably not going to happen, though. :frown2:
And less forum hype would also help him develop into a Chan rather than a Lambiel or Buttle. The comparisons are not necessary, imo, for someone who is showing special talents (as did Lambiel and Buttle when they started out).

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Buttle when they started out

Joe

Buttle from day one was getting compared to Kurt, which I thought was unfair... and I still don't see the comparison other than the fact that they skate for the same country lol

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I saw Patrick live and in person at Skate America. In addition to being a really nice guy, I was impressed with his skating. Do I think he is the next skater to rank with the greatest....I don't know.

I hope he dosen't chicken out of trying the quad. He will need to start trying them by next year if he wants them consistant for 2010. with a quad and a clean skate he couold be unbeatable. But if he saves his beautiful quad combos for practice like another american skater that we all know, he will not reach full potenetail.

But let me just say that watching him .... with or without the jumps is a great experince.

Bennett

Record Breaker
What I like about him is the great control of the body. Every move looks so precise. He exactly hits the music.

His SP performance reminds me of modern ballet performances. It was really interesting to watch.

His arms looked more nuanced in his SP costume than in his tight-fit LP costume that emphasizes the straight line.

Last edited:

kyla2

Final Flight
Chan

Chan is special. I think Weir is special also. It remains to be seen if they can build a real legacy like Kwan. Regardless, they will leave their mark on skating. Chan has a unique way of moving across the ice that is beautiful and so has Weir.