Predictions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Which of the Jr. boys will be competing in Srs. at '08 Nationals? I believe 1 or 2 have consistent triple axles?
In Mens, I predict:
1-Weir
2-Lysacek
3-Carriere
4-Bradley
5-Abbott
6-a Jr. moving up or Parker Pennington.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Which of the Jr. boys will be competing in Srs. at '08 Nationals? I believe 1 or 2 have consistent triple axles?
From last year's junior men's field at Spokane Nationals, only junior champ Eliot Halverson and Douglas Razzano (5th place in '07 - he's competing in the JGP Final this week) have moved up to senior. Both have landed the 3A in competition this year.

crazydreamer

On the Ice
I give the edge to Caroline because I think the judges WANT Caroline to place higher already. Mirai might have better technique, but I'd say the judges awarding points fairly in that way very rarely happens these days.

In Mens, I predict:
1-Weir
2-Lysacek
3-Carriere
4-Bradley
5-Abbott
6-a Jr. moving up or Parker Pennington.
Among others, there is Wesley Campbell, ROHENE WARD, and Brandon Overett, I think Weir, Lysacek and Carriere will be in there but Campbell, Rohene, and Brandon will be knocking at the door. BTW, they are from Sectionals. US Nats for Men is a hot issue.

Joe

jennylovskt

Medalist
It's hard to repeat Lysacek's skating of the lifetime. Besides, his tosca program is similar to Carmen but less attractive in the PCS area at least. so I would say in Men's:

1. Johnny Weir
2. Evan Lysacek
3. Jeremy Abbott
4. Stephen Carriere
5. Ryan Bradley

I believe, with quad or without quad, Johnny will take it very seriously this time and fight for it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think he took it seriously last year too, at least as to how seriously it meant to him... but he just didn't have it in him to keep it...

On one hand I love to see him regain the title because seeing him lose it in the K&C last year was very hard... but that would mean Evan wouldn't get to keep the title...

but the pressure will be on Evan this year, and isn't the first time you have to fight to keep your title known as the hardest ?

sk8addict

On the Ice
judges

I predict the the US judges will hold skaters up that don't skate well with higher than deserved pcs scores. We scowl at the eastern block judging which we should but our better than thou attitude is all fake.
I'll be the one at the end of the rink booing the low scores of skaters that deserve an honest mark..

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Here are my predictions:

Pairs

1. Keauna Mclaughlin and Rockne Brubaker
2. Rena Inoue and John Baldwin
3. Naomi Nari Nam and Themistocles Leftheris

Men

1. Johnny Weir
2. Evan Lysacek
3. Stephen Carriere

Ice Dancing

1. Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto
2. Meryl Davis and Charlie White
3. Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates

Ladies

1. Caroline Zhang
2. Kimmie Meissner
3. Mirai Nagasu

sk8addict

On the Ice
unbelieveable

Here are my predictions:

Pairs

1. Keauna Mclaughlin and Rockne Brubaker
2. Rena Inoue and John Baldwin
3. Naomi Nari Nam and Themistocles Leftheris

Men

1. Johnny Weir
2. Evan Lysacek
3. Stephen Carriere

Ice Dancing

1. Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto
2. Meryl Davis and Charlie White
3. Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates

Ladies

1. Caroline Zhang
2. Kimmie Meissner
3. Mirai Nagasu

I agree with you completely.:clap::clap::clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
but would the USFSA allow a skater/team who is not elligible to go to worlds to win nationals? what sort of message does that send internationally? "We can't send the best, so here are our leftovers" lol

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
but would the USFSA allow a skater/team who is not lligible to go to worlds to win nationals? what sort of message does that send internationally? "We can't send the best, so here are our leftovers" lol

Good point. Well we shall know in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I predict

Men
Evan
Johnny
Either Stephen, Ryan or Adam (or is he competing as a junior?)

Ladies
1. Caroline
2. Kimmie
3. Mirai, Ashley or Emily

Pairs
!. Inoue and Baldwin
2 Mclaughlin and Brubaker
3.Nam and Leftheris

Ice Dancing
1. Belbin and Agosto
2. Davis and White
3. Gregory and Petukov

Last edited:

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
Ladies podium: Future, Rascal, and OO.

World team: Ashley (4th), Kimmie (5th), Emily (6th). :biggrin:

LOL!!!!! Gosh I hope not or the our world team will be a laughing stock a worlds. Uhhhhhhhh i think the u.s. all together is falling apart a little bit because Michelle and Sasha just suddenly left with Kimmie as back up but now Kimmie's down and theres no one to back us up anymore because Caroline and Mirai are underaged.

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
My predictions are
1.Kimmie
2.Ashley
3.Caroline
4.Mirai
5.Rachel

uh idk too hard to predict. I really wish Bebe would step it up but this season has been even worse for her. I think it'll either be kimmie or ashley as national champ and idk if emily can even compete with the talented up and commers.

emma

Record Breaker
I will tell him when I see him on tuesday.

Tell him again, and again, and again....ok, just kidding! Thanks for telling him, he has many, many fans and some are just uber over the top crazy impressed by him fans!!!! I wish him all the best at nationals!!!

Given Kimmie and Rachael on the podium or near it minus two with age problems,will easily be top 10 in Worlds and maybe 4th and 5th, we still need Ashley to ensure that the numbers work out.

Johnny and Evan should total a minimum of 9 points to ensure 3 Men.

Pairs with I&B could work with another team. Dance should be podium finish with B&A and 3 for Worlds.

Joe

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
I think we just need to sit back and watch what happens. Johnny and Evan will be dead close practically a tie.(Even w/o the quad for johnny) Even though the juniors r good idk if their tat good and besides judges favor veterans and robb the up and comers. I still think its going to be between ashley and kimmie because caroline is great but she still needs some maturing and speed (which will def come with time) and mirai hasn't put a senior program out there yet and shes not known that well and rachel we'll c I think of her as a wild card. HOPEFULLY Bebe can step it up and shake the top 5

feraina

Record Breaker
My predictions for Ladies at this point:
1. Kimmie Meissner
2. Caroline Zhang
3. Emily Hughes
4. Ashley Wagner
5. Mirai Nagasu
6. Rachael Flatt

Taking JGPF and GPF results into account, I'm changing my predictions to:
1. Caroline Zhang
2. Kimmie Meissner