Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fashion On Ice in Atlantic City

Fashion On Ice in Atlantic City

Myself, my husband and a friend attended the Fashion On Ice show in Atlantic City on Sat. 11/17. We had a great night. The show was quite good. The only flaw in the whole night was a bunch of cable wires that blocked our view of center ice activity. We were thrilled to see Joannie Rochette and Silvia Fontana for the first time. Great to see the rest of the cast again, too, especially Lang and Tchernyshev. There is no denying, that even though she isn't "our cup of tea", Sarah Brightman has a magnificent voice. I'm not good at doing 'blow-by-blow' reviews, so take a look at my pictures instead! Enjoy!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...on%20On%20Ice/

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Some of those fashions though - oh my!

I know what you mean Purplecat. I am not very fond of Tanith & Ben trying to pull off hip-hop and wear those types of costumes. I don't like hip-hop music and I don't think Ben & Tanith pull it off very well....they are better with the romantic stuff and the cute stuff like their Green Acres program.

Custom Title
    Thanks for sharing. It's hard to keep my eyes off of Tanith's hair in that group picture. Very 80s!

Thanks for the pics, Patch. It was fun meeting up with you all on Saturday night. I was glad to see that there were some skating fans at the show, even though we were definitely outnumbered!

Here's my little report (mostly about the music):

http://toddeldredgemessageboard.yuku.com/topic/3340
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 11-20-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Thnks for your photos!
    Looks so good! I am a fan of Sarah Brightman.

I wish I was living in US T___T.

Here's a link to lots of beautiful pics from the show.

http://www.scratchspin.com/2007/fash...ashion07.shtml

Enjoy!

Medalist
    Bump

This airs today on NBC. 4-6 EST

Can't wait to watch it!

Custom Title
    Just finished watching a bit ago. In a word - fabulous!!! Enjoyed everything about it! Had seen videos from SkySport earlier - this MBC version was somewhat like seeing a different show as there were some different camera angles.

Great stuff!! Everyone did a fine job. The opener gave me chills, thrills and goosebumps - really had an "other world"ly feel to me.

To me I think they saved the best for last!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I enjoyed watching it too.

Dee

Custom Title
    I am so jealous! I would have loved to seen this show! I think Sarah Brightman has a beautiful voice. Would I love to skate while she sang!

It was nice to see it on tv after having seen it live. At the show, our seats were clear across the ice from the stage, so we couldn't really SEE Sarah.

Sarah singing while Sasha skates, could there be anything more perfectly beautiful? Spine tingling!!!

Custom Title
    This was a fabulous show! For me, the "winning skater", by a narrow margin over Sasha, was Shae-Lynn Bourne! She is doing a great job in her career as the world's first and only solo ice dancer! She did some wonderful work in the Celtic dance number and in her solo numbers.

Sasha was beautiful and so was Caryn Kadavy, who is skating better than ever and looks more beautiful than ever. Lang and "Tcherny" (forgive me) did a nice job with the first hip-hop number I've ever seen them do. Belbin and Agosto did a nice job, although Tanith looked a bit understated in their hip-hop number, she may not be too comfortable with the physical demands of hip-hop.

Joannie Rochette looked wonderful - if only she could be that relaxed and confident in competition.

Sarah Brightman (sigh) - a great singing voice, but Sarah please! tone down on the extravagant costumes and makeup, and the excessive arm and, yes, LIP movements!

We enjoyed the show live and on TV (although a few numbers were chacked ). The only things I don't like are hip hop music (sorry, I just have a hard time getting into it) and some of the ridiculous costumes. :sheesh:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast