Fashion On Ice in Atlantic City | Golden Skate

Fashion On Ice in Atlantic City

Myself, my husband and a friend attended the Fashion On Ice show in Atlantic City on Sat. 11/17. We had a great night. The show was quite good. The only flaw in the whole night was a bunch of cable wires that blocked our view of center ice activity. We were thrilled to see Joannie Rochette and Silvia Fontana for the first time. Great to see the rest of the cast again, too, especially Lang and Tchernyshev. There is no denying, that even though she isn't "our cup of tea", Sarah Brightman has a magnificent voice. I'm not good at doing 'blow-by-blow' reviews, so take a look at my pictures instead! Enjoy!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Patch57/Fashion%20On%20Ice/

I know what you mean Purplecat. I am not very fond of Tanith & Ben trying to pull off hip-hop and wear those types of costumes. I don't like hip-hop music and I don't think Ben & Tanith pull it off very well....they are better with the romantic stuff and the cute stuff like their Green Acres program.

fenway

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing. It's hard to keep my eyes off of Tanith's hair in that group picture. Very 80s! :p

kandidy

Final Flight
:agree:Thnks for your photos!
Looks so good! I am a fan of Sarah Brightman.

I wish I was living in US T___T.

merrybari

Final Flight
Just finished watching a bit ago. In a word - fabulous!!! Enjoyed everything about it! Had seen videos from SkySport earlier - this MBC version was somewhat like seeing a different show as there were some different camera angles.

Great stuff!! Everyone did a fine job. The opener gave me chills, thrills and goosebumps - really had an "other world"ly feel to me.

To me I think they saved the best for last!!

Vicky458

On the Ice
I am so jealous! I would have loved to seen this show! I think Sarah Brightman has a beautiful voice. Would I love to skate while she sang!

It was nice to see it on tv after having seen it live. At the show, our seats were clear across the ice from the stage, so we couldn't really SEE Sarah.

Sarah singing while Sasha skates, could there be anything more perfectly beautiful? Spine tingling!!!

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
This was a fabulous show! For me, the "winning skater", by a narrow margin over Sasha, was Shae-Lynn Bourne! She is doing a great job in her career as the world's first and only solo ice dancer! She did some wonderful work in the Celtic dance number and in her solo numbers.

Sasha was beautiful and so was Caryn Kadavy, who is skating better than ever and looks more beautiful than ever. Lang and "Tcherny" (forgive me) did a nice job with the first hip-hop number I've ever seen them do. Belbin and Agosto did a nice job, although Tanith looked a bit understated in their hip-hop number, she may not be too comfortable with the physical demands of hip-hop.

Joannie Rochette looked wonderful - if only she could be that relaxed and confident in competition.

Sarah Brightman (sigh) - a great singing voice, but Sarah please! tone down on the extravagant costumes and makeup, and the excessive arm and, yes, LIP movements:rofl:!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We enjoyed the show live and on TV (although a few numbers were chacked :cry:). The only things I don't like are hip hop music (sorry, I just have a hard time getting into it) and some of the ridiculous costumes. :scratch: :sheesh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing your pics!

Some of those fashions though - oh my! :eek:

yeah, you must have gotten really good seats to get those nice close-up pics!

I saw it on TV.. i agree with however said that hip-hop and sakating don't mix. I :love::love::love: Tanith and Ben but could never get into that justin timberlake number. ACtually I didn't like any of the hip-hop/rock numbers except Evan's! Evan skating to Billy Jean is priceless.

Sasha was beautiful. I loved the first number the most. Anytime Anywhere is such a beautiful song by itself, and with sasha skating to it... Heaven. and I was not distracted by that black bra dress.
I liked imagine, but I really wish she had used John Lennon's version.

Evan was great in Time to Say Goodbye, but those pants! Wow! had me laughing and it so did not go with the music.

Naomi and Peter's second number was just beautiful. too bad they wasted that talent with the hip-hop... but as I said the second classical number was beautiful.

Evans outfit was more suited for an afternoon of fun skating at a rink with friends...but I never, ever...even when they were in style...liked those plaid pants! Time to Say Goodbye deserved an elegant costume! It wasn't that it was an outrageously ugly outfit, just not right for the program.

Naomi & Peter's 'hip-hop' number didn't bother me as much as Ben and Tanith's did. Ben and Tanith just look SO out of their element trying to pull that off. And Tanith's outfit was....
scared0008.gif

The only other costume I wasn't fond of, but it fit the program, was Shae Lynn's "Hollaback Girl" costume.

so was Caryn Kadavy, who is skating better than ever and looks more beautiful than ever

Don't get me wrong, I love Caryn's skating...but the only reason she looked so perfect was because the re-takes. IIRC, she did retakes for BOTH her numbers even though one was chacked from the show. She had to work hard to get both her numbers looking perfect...I think she was purely exhausted by time she finished her second retake. I felt kind of bad for her.

vlaurend

Final Flight
The skating was good. The music was good. The "Fashion" was a bad idea made even worse by poor execution. :disapp:

kyla2

Final Flight
How to Ruin A Sport

I quickly changed the channel. This is just another way to ruin the sport. Another reason no to take it seriously. As for Sarah Brightman, she has always had a tinny, thin voice. But it is sad she is reduced to this.