Some last minute changes to the line up | Golden Skate

Some last minute changes to the line up

sillylionlove

Medalist
According to the isu website. the following changes have been made for the ladies at Cup of Russia

Alexandra Ievleva and Ksenia Doronina of Russia are no longer competing. They have been replaced by Katarina Gerboldt and Nina Petuchkova of Russia.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Any news why? I hope this isn't the Russian Fed tossing skaters around like puppets again. I was really hoping the Ievleva would compete.

ATW27

On the Ice
Any news why? I hope this isn't the Russian Fed tossing skaters around like puppets again. I was really hoping the Ievleva would compete.

Agreed; I was looking forward to Ievleva, too; She did alright, all things considered, at Skate America. And her placement was certainly better than Martinova in China two weeks later. The last minute removal of both she and Doronina (who, you must remember, Is their current National Champion) can't be good, since it most likely means they're either injured, or are the victims of Federation politics. Or, it could be a combination of both.
Gerboldt did do well at a recent International (Golden Spin, I think?), so that may well be the reason for her getting the one spot. Petushkova, I don't know about; perhaps she did well at a National event?
And I do hope that this isn't the end of either of them. I think we've seen more than enough ladies get put out to pasture because the Federation seemingly gave up on them.

Andy W.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently Piseev did his usual let's-diss-the-skaters interview where he ripped Doronina for skating poorly at local competition and Ievleva for being injured (as if she did that on purpose). He said 20-year-old Olga Naidenova was "too old" and said he would have replaced Arina Martinova if he had anyone to replace her with.

A real prince of a man, that Piseev!

netnuts

Match Penalty
Apparently Piseev did his usual let's-diss-the-skaters interview where he ripped Doronina for skating poorly at local competition and Ievleva for being injured (as if she did that on purpose). He said 20-year-old Olga Naidenova was "too old" and said he would have replaced Arina Martinova if he had anyone to replace her with.

wow, he is as bad as the current ISU chairman(what's that Italian's name?), and perhaps his heir apparent.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Well, I don´t see everything that Piseev says as something negative. Certain skaters just need to be pushed more strongly than some others, in my opinion. Besides, these days Piseev has a weak field of lady skaters and in men, too. It is natural that he tries to find best solutions for a competition. I think that Piseev does not make his comments out of the blue, surely he gets his info about e.g. the skaters´ working habits from their coaches.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course he has a right to his opinion about the skaters. But what is the necessity to make it public? How would you like it if your boss went on TV or was quoted in the daily press and said something derogatory about YOUR job performance or work habits? Would that inspire you to work harder?

Doronina and Martinova are only 17, and Ievleva is 19. How do you think they handle his comments?