Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arnold and California Recall

Custom Woman

Arnold and California Recall

What do people think of the California recall election, especially all the things that have been coming out about Arnold Schwarznegger and his response to the allegations?
    Rgirl

I have never like A S at all. His ego is bigger than his muscles.
    I don't know much about the current Gov. I sure wouldn't want A S as my gov. What happened to his wife? Looks like a walking skeleton.

Skating Soprano
    I live in cali and I really want Arnold. The current gov has given people who arent here legally driver's licences and TRIPLED our car tax and the democrat who wants to replace him is really stupid and fails to make any sence.

Skater Girl
    Davis is a schmuck and so is Bustamante. They were both in the screw-up of CA as far as I'm concerned. I don't want Arnold, though, but McClintock won't win, so I guess it's the lesser of two evils or something like that. Sigh. I do want Davis out. Alas, I can't vote until next year!

Thumbs down

Originally posted by skatepixie
    I live in cali and I really want Arnold. The current gov has given people who arent here legally driver's licences and TRIPLED our car tax and the democrat who wants to replace him is really stupid and fails to make any sence.
    I'm voting for the stupid guy who doesn't make any sense. I can't bring myself to vote for a Nazi sympathizer--past or present. Mr. RG has now declared himself a Republican and is voting for McClintock. Mr. RG has a new car for which he has waited many years and is upset about having to pay triple the fees on it. Many people agree. I don't know anyone who actually likes Davis or thinks he's done anything but screw up our State. I'm a PTA president, and the budget cuts for education this year have been appalling. I hold Davis responsible in large measure.

The ONLY reason Arnold is receiving support from his party is due to his name recognition. The party leaders and endorsers are capitalizing on his fame to take over the State--it's not as though they believe he actually has a clue about running CA! Heck, Arnold couldn't even be bothered to actually VOTE in elections (big story on how few elections he actually voted in)--and now he's running in one? Give me a break.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 10-06-2003 at 02:43 AM.

I'm from Calif., and our family has four cars (our sons's each have old cars they drive). The tripled car tax did me in, and I think is what is sinking Davis. I am definitely voting for the recall, but am undecided at this point who to vote for. Davis has had 6 years to make a difference to the voters of Ca., and as far as I'm concerned, dropped the ball a long time ago............there's no room for "arrogance" when running the 5th largest economy in the world............42

TriGirl Rinkside
    They are all a bunch of schmucks, in my opinion. Our choices last November were pathetic. Our choices now are pathetic. Amazing how with all the millions of people in this state, we can't come up with one good political canidate. Ugh.

Show - I agree that there's no room for arrogance, but do you know of any politicians who aren't arrogant and don't have egos larger than the state itself?

Custom Title

Thumbs down

I live in California, and I am completely against this recall. I certainly understand and respect how people feel about the new car registration fees, but what about the money being spent on this recall? What Davis has done so badly compared to past governors that he isn't given a chance to finish his term? Lastly, the person who started this recall isn't even running and is now showing some regret in getting this circus started. I feel that if this recall is successful (which, unfortunately, it will be at this point), then we should recall GW Bush!!! Then again, he has just over a year to finish his term, so what's the point???? I personally am voting NO on the recall and NOT PICKING A REPLACEMENT CANDIDATE!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

TriGirl Rinkside
    Herm,

I agree with you. I think Davis is the same brand of idiot now as he was when elected less than a year ago. He hasn't committed any recall-worthy sins. As such, I think the recall sets a bad precedent. Although, there is something to be said for sticking it to the politicians who look down on all of us like we are a bunch of morons and are here to be taken advantage of for a politician's political advancement!

tharrtell

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    I don't live in CA so I can’t comment on the political or economic situation but I do have a gripe about the election and the media frenzy surrounding it.

I find it reprehensible that the TV and satellite programmers are offering a plethora of AS films in the two weeks preceding the election.

Shouldn’t all the candidates be offered three to six hour blocks of time to air their films too? I’m sure that one or two of the candidates have films that are comparable to Hercules in New York or the Conan films.

4dk who lives in a state that recently had a media feeding frenzy

Custom Title
    I think Floridians every where are breathing a sigh of relief that California has convincingly become the political joke of the nation.

I think the California triple car tax should be replaced with a "pain and suffering" tax to the citizens of all the other states that have been subjected to unavoidable and endless telecasts covering this circus.

From what I can see - not that I can avoid it unless I shut myself off to any source of media whatsoever (who needs to know the traffic and weather anyway) - there doesn't seem to be a competent person in the bunch. That is freakin scary!!

Custom Title

one more thing....

This whole recall circus has overshadowed the Mayoral election in San Francisco. We finally are getting rid of Willie Brown, but unfortunately this important election has really been pushed aside by the recall - very sad.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Custom Title
    What happened to the sentiment that entertainers have no business being in politics or discussing politics that was so rampant six to eight months ago? Oh, I forgot. That only applies to liberal entertainers. Conservative entertainers can do whatever they want.

Just a few more hours until the polls open at 7:00 a.m. and I am still undecided.........

Tharrtell........I agree that arrogance has its part in politics, as does ego......but our current governor seems to go out of his way to annoy just about every public interest group and citizen of California......As far as the recall is concerned, I think many people felt that the "hint" of a recall might have put a bit of "fear" into Davis to "shape up" but he went ahead and put through his "triple" car tax bill, a slap in the face to all Californians.......okay, off my soap box for awhile........42

I'm not in Cali... but I have to say that I don't think either of the two "top" runners are anything special... the current gov seems extremly arrogant... and I think he's behind of at least some of this *all of a sudden* outbreak of girls being harrassed by A S. It's funny how they come out 15-20 years AFTER the fact... somehow me thinks if it even ever happened they LIKED the attention...

A S is just using his name and his wife's heritage to get him more publicity... he's very liberal for a republican... and I really haven't heard anything on what he's against or for other than he's against the current gov and for the recall LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast