Carmen Game

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Didn't K/O skate to Carmen?

Well, they went out in Nagano and did 4 minutes of totally weird stuff on the ice while "Carmen" was playing in the background.... whether they actually SKATED to it is open for debate.....:sheesh::laugh:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I can't believe how many people have actually skated to Carmen!!! Really....skaters listen to us....don't use this piece of music...stick a fork in it...it's done!!!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
This thread got me to wondering if there has ever been, at least in say the last 50 years, one World Championship where NO ONE has skated to it. Then I remembered that I actually didn't recall seeing one in 2001. So I got out my media guide from the 2001 Worlds and went through the music selections just to see if there was one I had forgotten -- and there was. So I shall add

Sergei Rylov, 2001

to this list. (I found it quite funny that I was thinking I wouldn't find any and then right there on Page 2 of the thing.....:laugh:) I actually saw this one, but don't remember a thing about it -- which was pretty much my take on Rylov in general.

Idora Hegel also did "Carmen Suite by Rodion Shchederin" the same year, but since it wasn't Bizet, does that only partially count??

discoduck

On the Ice
Brian Boitano, Brian Orser and Katarina Witt: Carmen On Ice, a TV movie from 1989. I know that Katarina was named already but not for this so does it count?

OldSkaterMom

Match Penalty
Shoot, I went all the way through this thread to mention Carmen on Ice, and someone beat me to it. That, however, was probably the best Carmen ever. Brian Orser won an Emmy for it, and Katarina skated on a table top!! It was an hour long production number.