Standings so far? | Golden Skate

Standings so far?

ckomodo

Spectator
With the either lack of TV coverage or the delay in showing it, I'm sort of out of it this season, anyone know what the Grand Prix standings are so far? And who is likely to make it to the final?

C_T_T_

On the Ice
I hope this is right and I havn't left anyone out!

Ladies

both Mao Asada and Kimmie Meissner are in the final with 30 and 28 points respectively

Caroline Zhang has 24 points and may make it depending on the others still to skate.

Yu-Na Kim - 15
Miki Ando - 13
Yukari Nakano - 13
Carolina Kostner - 11
Joannie Rochette -11

I would assume kim and Ando will be in. If Nakano gets 2nd shes in. Kostner and Rochette both need 2nd to stand a chance. Then itll come down to total scores if the points are tied.

Edit: sorry I should also have said Meier and Suguri can qualify with a win. Unlikely but possible!

Men

Patrick Chan and Evan Lysacek both have 26 points and are in.

Diasuke Takahashi and Johnny weir both have 15 points and will more than likely be in.

Kevin van der Perren has 22points
Lambiel and Buttle are both on 11points and both need 2nd this week to put van der Perren out.

Last edited:

ckomodo

Spectator
Great to see Patrick Chan doing so well, appears there's still hope for Joannie and Jeffrey Buttle. Thanks. Anyone know about pairs and dance?

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Dance

Belbin/Agosto are in with 30points.

Virtue/Moir - 15
Delobel/Schoenfelder - 15
Domnina/Shabalin - 13
Khoklova/Novitski-13
Pechalat/Bourzat - 13

These teams will probably be in the final but if not i think these are next

Cappellini/Lannotte - 22
Fiaella/Scalli - 22
Davis/White - 20

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Pairs

Pang/Tong and Dube/Davision are in with 28 points.

Savchenko/Szolkowy and Zhang/Zhang both have 15 points and will probably be fine.

Then it gets interesting!
McLaughlin/Brubaker have 13 points from CoC
Mukhortova/Trankov have 11points
Kawaguchi/Smirnov also have 11points

Assuming Zhang/Zhang and Savchenko/szolkowy take 1st and 2nd then the russians will both be fighting for 3rd. McLaughlin/Brubaker will then only need 5th in NHK to qualify, which is quite possible because they've already beaten 3 of the teams in china.

Volosozhar/Morozov can still make it if they win I think!

Please correct me if this is wrong! I could easily have make a silly mistake! and obviously some of this is only my opinion!

Hope this was helpful!

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Rochette has 11 points, not 13. She needs a silver medal at CoR to stay in the running for the GPF.

Thanks! I've edited the original as I also had Kostner on 13 which should have been 11! I knew I'd type something wrong!

There is a similar topic in the Grand Prix Final Folder which there is much discussions on the cast of the Ladies Final. The Final will depend so much on the results of CoR and NHK.

The Central figure in all this is Caroline Zhang who has 24 points. All placements in these two events must add up to 26 or a tie will take place to complete the entrants.

Joe