Combined Barack Obama thread | Golden Skate

Combined Barack Obama thread

netnuts

Match Penalty
This guy is a joke. Dems are doomed if they nominate this jerk.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...-students-he-drank-took-drugs-in-high-school/

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (AP) — Presidential hopeful Barack Obama on Tuesday told high school students that when he was their age he was hardly a model student, experimenting with illegal drugs and drinking alcohol.

Obama stopped by a study hall at Manchester Central High School and answered students' questions about the war in Iraq and his education plan. But when an adult asked about his time as a student, Obama spoke bluntly.

"I will confess to you that I was kind of a goof-off in high school as my mom reminded me," said Obama, an Illinois Democrat who grew up in Hawaii.

"You know, I made some bad decisions that I've actually written about. You know, got into drinking. I experimented with drugs," he said. "There was a whole stretch of time that I didn't really apply myself a lot. It wasn't until I got out of high school and went to college that I started realizing, 'Man, I wasted a lot of time."'

netnuts

Match Penalty
http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/...bands_victory_would_change_americas_image.php

Campaigning for her husband today at a historically black college in South Carolina, Michelle Obama told the audience that a Barack Obama win would change the country's image in a big way.<b> "Imagine our family on that inaugural platform," she said. "America will look at itself differently. The world will look at America differently. There is no other candidate who is going to do that for our country. You know that."</b>

South Carolina's Democratic electorate is expected to be about half African-American, so the state is considered a must-win for Obama, and this sort of appeal could help him solidify the black vote.

At the same time, there's a certain other candidate who would also change America's image — by being the first woman president — so it might come down to which milestone would be valued more by some of those voters.

Last edited:

megsk8z

On the Ice
Please try to understand that there were real cultural and generational differences at that time; What was considered acceptable and what was not, between now and the time Senator Obama between his youthful indiscretions and the person he is now.

Honestly, most of us got tired of swacking away a pound of M & M's and an entire pizza every night. We wized up and realized that stupid was not what we wanted for our lives, nor for the lives of our children. So we stopped. Just like that.

The only thing that was ever in danger from us was a Twinkie.

I'm tellin' ya -- the Dems better stop attacking each other and go after the Republicans or we're looking at another four years.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
unless they ALL get their act together we might have an independant in the white house LOL

Antilles

Medalist
I agree with Toni. Both sides are acting like goofs.

I'd rather Obama come clean that lie about it. Being stupid in high school doesn't mean you can't be an intelligent adult.

fenway

On the Ice
What exactly is your deal with Obama? Did he personally offend you or something? You've posted ALL of these stories on other boards.

And BTW. This is old news. He talked about drug use months ago. It didn't stick then & it's not sticking now.

heyang

Record Breaker
This is not new news. He wrote about his experience as an young angry man in his 1st book Dreams from My Father, which he wrote long before he became a senator. The section of the book was discussed on Oprah before he announced his candidacy.

Why should he cover it up? Who says any of President of the US or leader of any country has to be perfect? There are very few people anywhere who can admit to leading a life where no action could be questioned. Most of us have the advantage of anonymity.

I seriously doubt that Clinton was the 1st president to have an extramarital affair. JFK is an icon; yet, it's pretty common knowledge that he had affairs while he was in the oval office. It's not limited to the Democratic party either.

If anything his personal experiences give him a perspective that a majority of government officials does not possess - or is willing to admit that they truly know.

If we accepted that our leaders are human, we'd be a lot less disappointed in them. I'd much rather see some relative honesty now than the double speak that's been going on for the last several campaigns.

I'm not a Bush fan, but he has been masterful at directing some people to connect things falsely. He constantly mentioned 9/11 while speaking of going to war in Iraq - he never actually said that Iraq was involved with 9/11, but he repeated the 2 together enough for some people to falsely connect them. During one of the presidential debates with Kerry, he said Kerry was in favor of stem cell research, leaving out the caveat that Kerry included that he would want limitations' However, partly because of Bush's rebuttal, many got the impression that Kerry was in favor of stem cell research without restrictions.

Can we actually take the responsibility for picking our next leader based upon their actions and actual thoughts vs just listening to the buzz words?

heyang

Record Breaker
BTW, he never said that he condones drug use. He outright says that is was a big mistake and waste of time. He had the strength and integrity to change his life for the better.

Personally, I don't think he should have entered the race this time. My impression is that I like the man. However, I'm not sure if he has the experience to get the government working again. I do admire that he's willing to put himself out there to try to re-inspire America.

netnuts

Match Penalty
Wow, this guy sounds ridiculously similar to George W. Bush... God helps us all not to elect another arrogant, retarded guy to the white house. He is extremely deceptive just like George W. Bush. A media fabrication through and through.

http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view.php?id=26591

Obama
"Probably the strongest experience I have in foreign relations is the fact I spent four years overseas when I was a child in Southeast Asia."

Biden
"I think he's right," Biden said smiling. "That is his strongest [foreign policy] credential."

:bow::bow:

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't understand your point. Why is this retarded or arrogant or deceptive?

netnuts

Match Penalty
I don't understand your point. Why is this retarded or arrogant or deceptive?

This guy is just like George W. Bush. He can't debate, can't think fast on his feet, basically he doesn't appear very intelligent at all. At the same time, the MSM gives him a pass, saying how smart, how thoughtful, how charming he is. George W. Bush ran on a deceptive and empty platform of 'uniter', now this guy is running on a similarly empty platform of 'hope'. 'Hope' for what? If this is not deceptive, I don't know what is

Obama is a typical tax-and-spending liberal, a typical peacenik Dukakis/Carter style dem. If he ever gets to the white house, it's going to be another disaster after George W. Bush's horrific ruling.

Thanks God, those Reagan dems in OH and FL will likely bury Obama's chance for good if he somehow miraculously wins the nominee of democratic party.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Those Reagan Republicans in Ohio are mainly imaginary. Besides, what do they have to do with Obama's chance of getting nominated by the DEMOCRATIC Party? Even us Ohio Dems know we won't have much say in the nomination process next year. Every other state moved up it's primary, so it will probably be a moot point by March when we have ours.

My biggest complaint is the label "tax-and-spent-liberal." At least liberals are open about what they are doing and how it will be paid for. No "temporary" taxes and such. Pay as you go is as upfront as you get. It's those sneaky "conservatives" who spend billions on wars and welfare programs for big corporations like Halliburton who try to hide what they are doing that I don't trust! Big oil and big agriculture, etc. are, of course, more important to them than ordinary people.

netnuts

Match Penalty
Those Reagan Republicans in Ohio are mainly imaginary. Besides, what do they have to do with Obama's chance of getting nominated by the DEMOCRATIC Party? Even us Ohio Dems know we won't have much say in the nomination process next year. Every other state moved up it's primary, so it will probably be a moot point by March when we have ours.

I was not referring to primary fight, it's too late for OH to have a say in this process, I was referring to general election. Reagan democrats(not republicans) are not imaginary. Most are rural, small town white democrats who generally are conservative on social issues, Joe Scarborough commented on MSNBC many of them will not vote for a liberal African American politician. If Obama wins the nominee, a 10% defection on his democratic base in OH is costly.

Obama is so laughable, and he bragged that he would increase African American turnout by 30% if he's the nominee, and will win GA, MS.... pipedream.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Okay, 1. - let's try to not use 'retarded' to insult someone you don't like. It's just not cool

second... why do we need new threads for every article on Obama? We get it, you don't like him, there are a lot who don't care for him to be the next president. Nothing new there... but really this is getting a bit monotonous... at least start combining them or something! lol

I'm not against taxes if they are put to good. use The huge surplus Clinton, the Husband, left was quite useable for medical insurance, among many other badly needed pro people needs, but Bush immediately put it into a war against the Iraqi people to save us from Weaons of Mass you know.

Bush could leave the White House today and be happy with what he got which of course was an oil deal with the puppet government he set up in Baghdad. However, he must protect that so called democracy he set in his style or the oil contracts will go elsewhere. So he needs a Republican President to safeguard his personal interests.

Whew, after all that, I am only interested in Kusinich to win the Presidency and he has a slightly better chance than I do.

Joe