Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Russian Dance Panel?

Banned

Corrupt Russian Dance Panel?

I found this on yahoo skating forum, any truth to it?

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...message/181651

Did anyone check out the dance panel at Eric Bompard Trophy? Looks like the
    Russian army is out in full force. 4 of the 9 judges, almost a majority and with
    CoP it could be, are from Russian republics and not only are they from Russian
    republics but they are some of the dirtiest judges in the ISU (which we all know
    is saying something). Yury Balkov is there for Ukraine (you all remember Yury,
    the one on the phone with Jean Senft at the 98 Nagano Olympics), Igor Dolgushin
    from Russia (a Piseev puppet if there ever was one. Igor always goes straight
    for the "cash". See the 2000 Goodwill Games for some of his outrageous
    judging.), not to forget Irina Absaliamova who interesting enough is now judging
    this year for Armenia instead of Belarus where she judged last year (this woman
    will get a separate post since she deserves it sooooo much), and while we're at
    it lets include Evgeni Rohkin from Uzbekistan. Rohkin usually also serves as the
    team leader for team UZB since they have few judg
    es. UKR and UZB don't even have skaters in the event. I guess its not surprising
    then to see that the 2 teams who have benefited most appear to be the Russians
    and the Armenians. I'm amused that Grebenkina/Azrojan, who had a deduction in
    the OD, finished 4th ahead of the Italians who were something like 9 places
    ahead of them at Worlds in Tokyo. I guess it really helps to have a judge on the
    panel. <g>

Custom Title
    It's quite true. Out of nine judges on the dance panel, four were from 4 former SSRs, and if you look at the protocols (GOE and PCS scores) you can detect a pattern of similar judging on the part of 3 and 4 judges in favor of the RUS and ARM dance teams.

I think we are in for much more of this later on this season. Judges from two SSRs will be on the CD and OD segments of the dance competition at Worlds, and a minimum of two SSRs will be on the FD panel. Worse, depending on the draw, there may be as many as four former SSR judges on the FD panel.

You can be sure that Domnina/Shabalin will not be left off the podium at Worlds this year.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    If all four of those judges are on the panel, Tanith and Ben can kiss the World Title goodbye.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Poor things.

Custom Title
    The dance panel for Cup of Russia also has 4 judges from former SSRs: ARM (Irina Absalisamova again), LTU, RUS and UKR. I think we can expect stratospheric scores for Domnina/Shabalin. Their score in the CD (Yankee Polka) at CoR was 40.05, the highest CD score yet.

It's always been a Win Any Which Way It Takes in the USSR, and that has definitely transferred to Russia today.

Unfortunately, when obvious cheating takes place,the win takes on a discordance of the whole Sport in addition to the hapless contestants.

So was it a real win?

Joe

Rinkside
    You can bet a 63 score for the OD and a 100 plus in the FD for DomShabs

and obviously ridiculous PCS in the 8.00-8.50

The legacy of Navka-Kostomarov is on full emerging

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by braulio View Post
    You can bet a 63 score for the OD and a 100 plus in the FD for DomShabs

and obviously ridiculous PCS in the 8.00-8.50

The legacy of Navka-Kostomarov is on full emerging

Absolutely...i will be very surprised if they receive less then 63 and 100+ if they don't fall

Rinkside
    It makes me so mad. One of the things that has made dance so exciting lately is the (somewhat) unpredictability of the scores and the movement of teams in the ranks depending on their dances, not on politics.

Then it's back to the same-old, same-old.

It's why so many of us had abandoned dance in the first place.

Banned
    Unfortunately, I think the French Pair will get shuffled again this year.

Look, you have this Russian Teflon pair that guarantees a podium spot, B&A are probably as well. The Canadian pair V&M are almost unstoppable...

Poor French...

Banned
    This discussion is so old and tired.
    If ISU is not happy with over-representation of former Soviet citizens in judging panel, why not ban it???
    The reason is simple- nobody to replace them. If Canada or USA wants to send their judge to represent Tajikistan, do it. BUT, they can not, cause they do not have any.
    This is a temporary situation, the Russian coaches are working in USA and Canada to grow those professionals. Unfortunately, nobody complains about that fact.
    So stop whining and blaming, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    If ISU is not happy with over-representation of former Soviet citizens in judging panel, why not ban it?
    The ISU is not unhappy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The ISU is not unhappy.
    And by ISU you mean? there is no violation of rules and no federation protests on it, so it looks like nobody can say or do much about it. So what's the problem?
    Bias is bias, I doubt that the situation would change if American or Candian judges would be representing those countries, yeah the results would skew towards B/A and other and against D/S and the rest but does it make it better? Execpt of course for the fan biys of those skaters??????

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Well if the judging biases changed every now and then it would at least make things more interesting...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Well if the judging biases changed every now and then it would at least make things more interesting...
    So rotate the representation then, but nobody wants to. I would also be happy to see that. Well, at least Dostatney's presence gives some more excitment

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast