COR ladies SP | Golden Skate

COR ladies SP

kandidy

Final Flight
It's starting 4 hours from now.
here is starting order from ISU page.http://www.isufs.org/results/gprus07/SEG003.HTM

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Nina PETUSHKOVA RUS

2 Kristin WIECZOREK GER

3 Katarina GERBOLDT RUS

4 Yan LIU CHN

5 Arina MARTINOVA RUS

6 Beatrisa LIANG

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Fumie SUGURI JPN

8 Kiira KORPI FIN

9 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN

10 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN

11 Yukari NAKANO JPN

12 Yu-Na KIM KOR

Ximena

Final Flight
I know it's not about the ladies, but I'm watching the opening ceremonies. It's pretty. They go some little kids doing sort of ballet, and then the "countries" were presented, it was one girl per country that did a little dance when the country they were holding a sing for were presented: Japan, Russia, Ukraine and USA got the biggest cheers.

And now the officials are talking (oh with a translator in english)

Weir fans: They showed a banner of him, it's right next to the officials, it's the one from weri.ru I think.

YuNa only needs a bronze to go to Finals, but its so fairly certain she will get gold. The other top skaters need at least a silver.

If Yu Na wins then the silver medal is the most important place here.

Joe

bekalc

Record Breaker
YuNa only needs a bronze to go to Finals, but its so fairly certain she will get gold. The other top skaters need at least a silver.

If Yu Na wins then the silver medal is the most important place here.

Joe

Na. Yu-na could get away with fourth place and go..

mizu_iro

Final Flight
Na. Yu-na could get away with fourth place and go..

But who can beat even a bombed Yu-Na performance here besides Nakano and Rochette?
She looked good in the practice clips I've seen, and she handles pressure well...I don't think she can be beat, even with a fall or a pop.

bekalc

Record Breaker
But who can beat even a bombed Yu-Na performance here besides Nakano and Rochette?
She looked good in the practice clips I've seen, and she handles pressure well...I don't think she can be beat, even with a fall or a pop.

I agree.:biggrin: I was just saying...:biggrin:

Ximena

Final Flight
Warm up started, then again I don't recognise any of tese ladies so I just see six random ladies warming up.
Only recognised Bebe :laugh:
Mishin and Mishina!!
Kudriatzev and Kudriatzeva!

I recognized more coaches than skaters :p

ETA: that wasn't Bin Yao

Last edited:

mizu_iro

Final Flight
1 Nina PETUSHKOVA RUS 44.70 26.90 17.80 4.60 4.25 4.60 4.45 4.35 0.00 #1
2 Kristin WIECZOREK GER 37.38 20.46 17.92 4.50 4.15 4.50 4.60 4.65 1.00 #2

Medusa

Record Breaker
Hi Ximena, would you be so kind and give a small report about what is happening - I would appreciate it so much...:yes:

Ximena

Final Flight
I would love to but my PC keeps freezing all the time.
For what I got to see , in general I would say that the placements are correct.
Bebe single her second jump in the combo, she was the fastest of them all but she looked a little sloopy, I mean it was too hard, too strong, the music works for that but it looked weird.

Geroboldt did beautifully, an I'm not saying this just because she is coached by Mishin/Mishina ;) It was quite good.

Fumie is on right now:
3z-2t
3f was HUGE!
Layback...and spirals well, you do know Fumie's layback and spirals, nothing impressive about it.
2ax yay!
The spns look better.
There's something so appealing about Fumie's skating, I don't know what it is, but I've always enjoyed watching.
Shes wearing black, it's like a men suit with tail but adjusted for a girl, looks pretty.

Oh she did good!! and she is happy!

netnuts

Match Penalty
well. If Fumie keeps this up in LP, Joannie may get into trouble in winning a medal, in turn, Caroline Zhang will move closer to GPF...

Fumie 56. Her PCS has dropped sharply...

Ximena

Final Flight
Kiira Korpi
Triunfal by Piazolla

Black top and black/white with stripes skirt
3z-2t very nice
3turns into 3loop a little problem with the landing
Layback and spiral, something weird in the layback, mostly it's that I think that should not be counted as a layback bu well. Spiral was very pretty, biellman included
2ax
Straightline, not that impressive, I think she got a little lost in the middle of it, but good speed.
She has very good spins actually.

Another clean skatem and another happy skater,

so far it's been a good event.