COR ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

COR ladies SP

bekalc

Record Breaker
Dissapointed Yu Na still didnt do a clean short, but happy it was atleast better then COC. Hopefully when she starts skaing clean they will give her higher PCS then this too.

I saw her but my feed was bad, but reports were that she was a bit off her music...Still her PCS went up since COC, I think by a point...And they did give her 2 points more than Yukari (just about) not sure they'd feel comfortable giving her much more than that...

Turtleberry

Rinkside
I like Joannie's skating, but it does not look like she can win silver here, which will only increase Caroline Zhang's chance to GPF. I'm happy for this scenario.

Can anybody assess the situation in which Joannie only wins bronze?

A bronze for Joannie would give her 22 points for the Grand Prix overall.

If this happens and assuming that Kim wins gold and Nakano wins silver, the standings would then be:
1) Kim or Asada 30 (depending on Kim's score here)
2) Kim or Asada 30
3) Meissner 28
4) Nakano 26
5) Zhang 24
6) Rochette 22

However, at NHK, you have Ando (13 points), Kostner (11points), and Meier (9 points), so:

Ando winning bronze or higher=Rochette eliminated
Kostner winning silver or higher=Rochette eliminated
Meier winning gold=Rochette eliminated

I hope this helps

fsf9012

Rinkside
Question. I'm still learning about CoP. :p
Double axel is required, isn't it? Yu-na singled it, then she got additional deduction?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
KOSTNER could vie with ZHANG for the final place, if she wins silver at NHK. But Carolina would have to score a total of 165.84 to claim the spot.

The field at NHK isnt bad. Carolina will probably have to score atleast that many points in order to win silver there anyway.

Looks like Joannie is toast now.

netnuts

Match Penalty
okay, looks like Carolina Kostner's chance is much better than Zhang's since Meir does not post any threat this season.

feraina

Record Breaker
1) Kim or Asada 30 (depending on Kim's score here)
2) Kim or Asada 30
3) Meissner 28
4) Nakano 26
5) Zhang 24
6) Rochette 22

Rochette's out of the running, b/c she's unlikely to catch up to a more consistent Yukari or Yu-na being 10+ points back, and 2 bronze won't cut it.

Yukari looks safely in, since even if she has a so-so LP, she'll probably get a bronze and a high total score to go with her high silver-winning total score at SC.

Ando is probably in unless she withdraws with injury -- she should win gold at NHK. But occasionally she is prone to meltdowns, plus she's nursing a chronically injured shoulder, so she's a bit of an unknown.

Meier should be out, since her best is probably not enough to beat out an average Ando, the question is whether Ando can put out at least her average...

Kostner is hopelessly inconsistent, and looks worse than Meier at this time of the season -- even if Meier has a meltdown, Kostner is still likely to win silver with a low total score, thus losing out to Caroline Z (Kostner had a low score to go with her bronze at CoC).

I predict the GPF 6 to be:
1. Yu-na Kim
2. Mao Asada
3. Kimmie Meissner
4. Miki Ando
5. Yukari Nakano
6. Caroline Zhang

This all rests on Miki winning NHK. If she doesn't, then all kinds of shuffling can happen!

BTW, I find it interesting that the PCS's are lower across the board this year. It's appropriate, I think, since TES's are lower due to the stricter UR and 'e' calls, so if the PCS's weren't lowered, then that portion of the total score would weigh relatively more. I'm pleasantly surprised by the fairness of this scheme -- although too bad for the skaters who'll find it hard to beat their PB's this year.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
hello....back from work:). Well I am glad to see that Yu-Na Kim is in first despite not having a clean short program. She should win this easily. Yukari Nakano has a good chance to win silver with the bronze going to either Korpi or Suguri. I doubt that Rochette can make up the difference

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I think Rochette can catch Korpi and Suguri. She is a pretty good LP skater typically. I cant imagine her catching Nakano though, and she would need to beat Nakano to have a chance at the final.

feraina

Record Breaker
okay, looks like Carolina Kostner's chance is much better than Zhang's since Meir does not post any threat this season.

Why do you say that? Even if Carolina Kostner gets silver, how likely is she to score hgher than 165.84? She has never skated a clean LP, IIRC. She won her '05 WC bronze on the strength of a strong qualifying skate. She doubled a flip, flipped out of two 3S's there. And in her other 'good' LP, in the '07 Euros, she doubled her loop. And both times she was skating under little pressure (not expected to medal in '05, and on the comeback trail in '07 Euros). Now that she knows she has to get at least a silver, and with a high score too, I think she has a huge hill to climb given her bronze (143.86) at CoC.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I find that Yu-Na Kim's PCS were to low. She shouldn't even got a any 6's whatsoever :mad:

I agree, I dont know why her PCS arent higher. :cry: Maybe she should plod and almost stumble her way through basic stroking like the Zhangs and they would give her mid-7s like them for PCS like them. :scowl:

ChrisH

On the Ice
Regarding the silver medal and a 165.83 score, here are the other silver medal scores so far this season:
Skate America 161.89
Skate Canada 169.43
Cup of China 156.34
Trophee Eric Bompard 158.74

The average is 161.60. Kostner's career average score in the GPs is 138.01. In contrast, her average score for the championships (European, World, and Olympic) is 161.90. The average score of Kostner's Euro and World results earlier this year is 171.86.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Bebe single her second jump in the combo, she was the fastest of them all but she looked a little sloopy, I mean it was too hard, too strong, the music works for that but it looked weird.

Geroboldt did beautifully, an I'm not saying this just because she is coached by Mishin/Mishina ;) It was quite good.

Fumie is on right now:
3z-2t
3f was HUGE!
Layback...and spirals well, you do know Fumie's layback and spirals, nothing impressive about it.
2ax yay!
The spns look better.
There's something so appealing about Fumie's skating, I don't know what it is, but I've always enjoyed watching.
Shes wearing black, it's like a men suit with tail but adjusted for a girl, looks pretty.

Oh she did good!! and she is happy!

seems like bebe and fumie were underscored. if bebe did not fall... why the deduction? did she go past the music?

Current standings up on the overall results page:

1 Yu-Na KIM
KOR
63.50 1
2 Yukari NAKANO
JPN
60.50 2
3 Kiira KORPI
FIN
58.22 3
4 Fumie SUGURI
JPN
56.18 4
5 Joannie ROCHETTE
CAN
50.56 5
6 Katarina GERBOLDT
RUS
48.02 6
7 Beatrisa LIANG
USA
46.30 7
8 Julia SEBESTYEN
HUN
44.76 8
9 Nina PETUSHKOVA
RUS
44.70 9
10 Yan LIU
CHN
38.40 10
11 Kristin WIECZOREK
GER
37.38 11
12 Arina MARTINOVA
RUS
34.48 12

I am supried that Kiira KORPI is ahead of Fumie!!! Not fair. Looks like Yu-na is gonna own this one. But wouldn't it be nice if Bebe could jump up and get silver? ( well i can dream). And it looks like Joannie will miss the GPF agian.