Compulsory Dance | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
TAT gives a patriotic speach. She'll be doing the half of commenting.
You can see the arena.

Not a very interesting group of skaters, imo. Dom/Schab and Pech/Borz, and who are the rest?

Seems to be the Pan Eastern European Games.

Joe

life684

Final Flight
Domnina and Shabalin are best ice dancers at the moment, i just can't understand why this pan american republic always mourn at russian performances.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not commenting on the performance, just the scoring.

If Domnina/Shabalin and Khokhlova Novitski are really THAT good, then why is there a need to stack the panel with multiple SSR judges at every event where the top Russian teams skate?

life684

Final Flight
Its not just about judges, look at all the coaches majority of them are russians and even more from SSRS. I don't hear any complaints.

Remember putting judges from Georgia, ukraine , estonia, latvia and lituania means more trouble for russian athletes as they are more likely to score more for US and Canada.

One thing to remember in sport of figure skating is that they had some of best athletes and system to train them and when USSR split more countries with good skills became available for judging. imagine a panel of with India, brazil, Iran and South africa as judges.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Not commenting on the performance, just the scoring.

If Domnina/Shabalin and Khokhlova Novitski are really THAT good, then why is there a need to stack the panel with multiple SSR judges at every event where the top Russian teams skate?

Since they arent really that good. :biggrin:

Mafke

Medalist
I

Remember putting judges from Georgia, ukraine , estonia, latvia and lituania means more trouble for russian athletes as they are more likely to score more for US and Canada.

Unless the judges from those countries are ethnic Russians ....