Men FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men FS

Lambiel Fans, Unite!!! There is still the Final, butI haven't looked into the qualifiers yet but I presume there will be Johnny, Daisuke, Evan, Patrick,. Two more, and who??? Is Stephane out?

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Lambiel Fans, Unite!!! There is still the Final, butI haven't looked into the qualifiers yet but I presume there will be Johnny, Daisuke, Evan, Patrick,. Two more, and who??? Is Stephane out?

Joe

No barring a miracle of some sort at NHK he is in for sure.

The way he is skating now I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. He is still jumping like a junior girl, and not even a dominant one like Caroline Zhang.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Alexei Yagudin's triple axels used to put me into the stratosphere. Seen live, and close up, they were simply amazing bursts of pure power. One time, at a rink show (only five rows of seats), he did three of them with great height, right in front of my on-ice seat, and that is a shining memory that will always be with me, the most gorgeous exhibition of pure athletic power on blades that I have ever witnessed, live.

My second favorite triple axel is the kind I have seen Johnny Weir do, balancing strength and grace so beautifully, with exquisite outflow, at his best, creating an impression of effortlessness.

Yes, I am an axel-holic, I admit it. I find that jump thrilling. :love:

My second favorite triple axel is the kind I have seen Johnny Weir do, balancing strength and grace so beautifully, with exquisite outflow, at his best, creating an impression of effortlessness.
He hardly seems to jump at all. He just miraculously rises into the air.
The way [Lambiel] is skating now I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. He is still jumping like a junior girl, and not even a dominant one like Caroline Zhang.
Aw, we know you don't mean it. :laugh: Everyone knows Stephane is your favorite skater and you are just disappointed for him when he doesn't perform his best. :yes:

feraina

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Johnny! :clap::love: I'd like to think that my wishing him good luck back in August changed his fortunes, :biggrin: but actually I think it probably has more to do with changing his attitude, coach, and training method. :yes:

I can't believe Lambiel got away with the silver despite such a technically empty program! He was only ranked 8th in TES, and if you also include the 1pt deduction for the fall, then 9th!! No way, his presentation was so superior that it should have lifted him up 7 places! That's truly injust.

I know a lot of you are going to get very angry, but although I do see his artistry and musicality and creativity, I also think he has somewhat hunched shoulders, flexed toes, and many other imperfections that take away from the presentation/dancing aspect. Not that I think he's not better than the average male skater, but just not so much better that he deserves a stratospheric PCS! And really, all those missed jumps ought to lower the PCS somewhat! They really do take away from the presentation and the flow.

Ximena

Final Flight
I think a big role will be played as well by whoever is the Technical caller. I mean we have seen in some events some jumps were not downgraded, in others lots of them were. If the GPF gets the tech caller of SC (right?) then for example Evan could be in trouble with his 3a; while other had not seen it. For example, I think some callers would have called Johnny's 3a at CoR clean, and yet he got it downgraded. GPF is going to be exciting.

I think Stephane is already in, unless as someone pointed out something completeley unexpected happen. I'm thinking the Russian fed is hoping for Griazev to get silver, which is not really that hard considering how he did at CoR and assuming Takahshi will win this.

sillylionlove

Medalist
It's nice to see Johnny doing so well this year. I guess this coaching change was a good thing for him.

I am not a fan of Lambiel...never have been, never will be. I think he needs to figure out if skating is what he wants to do.

Pooska

Spectator
I have to agree with the non-Lambiel fans. His posture is just really annoying. He does hunch his shoulders and lack toe point, but to me his big butt sticking up all the time is very unnattractive. I know he is supposed to be a great spinner, but some of those crazy positions he hits with that butt up in the air are just rediculous.

For me, Johnny's positions are always spot on. Not to mention his adorable little bum never strikes a bad pose. His flow and ride out on his jumps are especially beautiful and I can't think of one other skater that hits those gorgeous positions.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I have to agree with the non-Lambiel fans. His posture is just really annoying. He does hunch his shoulders and lack toe point, but to me his big butt sticking up all the time is very unnattractive. I know he is supposed to be a great spinner, but some of those crazy positions he hits with that butt up in the air are just rediculous.

For me, Johnny's positions are always spot on. Not to mention his adorable little bum never strikes a bad pose. His flow and ride out on his jumps are especially beautiful and I can't think of one other skater that hits those gorgeous positions.

Can we at least try to pretend to be less superficial? This reminds me of the Joannie-deserves-more-points-because-she-is-prettier-and-Nakano-has-short-legs-and -a-long-torso-thread. People normally just do not look alike.

I think that Stéphane is a beautiful skater with an amazing and imaginative choreography, with great and unique spins. After having seen his performance at CoR I have to admit that he got a little present with the high PCS. I found him more expressive in his short-program at CoR, and at his long program at CoC. Saturday's performance just did not have the usual magic.

I have to agree with the non-Lambiel fans. His posture is just really annoying. He does hunch his shoulders and lack toe point, but to me his big butt sticking up all the time is very unnattractive. I know he is supposed to be a great spinner, but some of those crazy positions he hits with that butt up in the air are just rediculous..
Oh those Big Butts. They should outlaw them.

Pooska, your first post and we see quite an opinion maker you are. Hopefully we can see something more constructive the next time.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty

Oh good grief. Talking about how cute someones butt is as part of what should be the scoring. :rolleye: :rolleye:

shine

Record Breaker
What the hell? Lambiel has one of the best postures in skating. He doesn't point his toes all the time, that's true, but that's not that distracting to me when he can dance across the ice like like that. Ask Johnny Weit to skate to Lambiel's programs and do the choreographic moves that Lambiel does and see if he can still point his perfect toes all the time.

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
To me, the only interesting thing about Stephane is his big.... PCS. I don't know why he gets those, I just treat it as a fact of life.