Olympics | Golden Skate

Olympics

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wanted to ask what some people thought-if you were going to go to the Olympics and you had to make a choice, would you rather see skaters' short programs or the free skates?

tripleflip

Spectator
I would definately attend the free skate, since many skaters may place ahead in the short program only to fall apart in the long (Carolina Kostner is one example). I attended the 2006 nationals before the Olympics, and I know it added to the drama in qualifying for the Olympic and World teams. Maybe I would attend the short program for the pairs. I guess it depends if there was an overwhelming 'favorite' but that hasn't happened in recent Winter games!

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you! Because my husband & I are talking about going to the 2010 Vancouver Olympic games and might only be able to see 1 ice skating event. I wanted to see the men or the women. I know what you mean about the favorite. I'm so excited!! I also want to get some Olympic apparel to wear! Like, hats, maybe jackets. :clap::chorus:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Wow that's really nice and exciting!! I would also want to see LP if I have a chance to go.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
well i would really want to see both, but if I could only see one i guess freeskates.

heyang

Record Breaker
Goto the free skate. You want to be there to see who medals in the end.....

skamper23

Medalist
Definatley the free skate because you'll get to see who wins!! Plus the programs are longer....more for you money.....:biggrin: