Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Stars On Ice Review

Down With It
    Considering the arena was only a $10 cab ride from where I am right now, it would have been almost foolish not to go. I mean, SOI doesn't go anywhere near my home town, so may as well do it while I'm here...
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-03-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks, Red Dog for sharing your report about the Baltimore show. I'm very glad that you really enjoyed it (we told you would!). Thanks for posting the pic link, too!

Red Dog, I'm SO glad you went and found that you truly did enjoy the show! There is so much more to see, hear and feel at the live shows than watching on tv!
    One of my favorite things is that moment where there is just a breif bit of silence, then you see skate blades flashing under the curtain at the tunnel, the music starts and you start hearing the blades on the ice and then all the electrical feelings in the building start as the opening number begins.

So you were in on-ice seats it looks like! You got some wonderful photos! I said "OMG" out loud when I came to that close up of John Zimmerman as Axel Edge!!! What a FANTASTIC shot!!!

So, are you now hooked and going to attend every year? I don't know what I'd do without our annual night out to SOI!

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    I'm very late with my review of Columbus but here are a few highlights.

1. No, Toni, I didn't get Mike's shirt. He went to the other side of the arena from me. I'd like to thank the person that put his first number right after S/Z because I was still basking in their fabulosity and I didn't pay a lot of attention to Mikey. I did watch Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy and I don't quite know what to say about that.....

2. The Duckling is now an official card carrying member of the "John Zimmerman is hot" fan club.

3. Both of S/Z's numbers were fantastic and naturally the highlights of the show for me. They seem to really be having a great time out there and Hongbo cracks me up in the rock and roll number.

4. I love Jennifer Robinson. She has such a good time and I don't get why so many people don't enjoy her. She's very entertaining.

5. D/L were great! I especially enjoyed their second number to "Always A Woman" by Billy Joel. It really suits them.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSk8Fan View Post

So you were in on-ice seats it looks like! You got some wonderful photos! I said "OMG" out loud when I came to that close up of John Zimmerman as Axel Edge!!! What a FANTASTIC shot!!!
    Isn't it?! He actually posed for a second or so right in front of us, allowing me to snap that shot. That is hands down the best one that came out from the 200+ photos I ended up taking

We also got a "low-five" from him as he skated by earlier.

So, are you now hooked and going to attend every year? I don't know what I'd do without our annual night out to SOI!
    Hmm...it actually depends on who is doing next year's tour, as well as my own schedule. I would definitely like to see if I can go again next year, though (there were SOI pamphlets saying that it was returning to the Baltimore area next year). Definitely want on-ice seats again as well. Plus I need to find out how I can get those backstage passes. Although that would have just been icing on what was a great night of entertainment- and I can still say I shook some hands.

We'll see though.

ETA: Disco- I also enjoyed Jen Robinson...I think she would be my second "surprise" choice behind Kimmie. Strangely enough, I didn't feel all that different watching Sasha live than on TV, although actually seeing her do those bendy moves made them more impressive. (I guess the fact that she did most of her moves away from us contributed to that as well.)
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-04-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    I'm very late with my review of Columbus but here are a few highlights.

1. No, Toni, I didn't get Mike's shirt. He went to the other side of the arena from me. I'd like to thank the person that put his first number right after S/Z because I was still basking in their fabulosity and I didn't pay a lot of attention to Mikey. I did watch Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy and I don't quite know what to say about that.....
    *sigh* I am SO disappointed..... it's a good thing I like you

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    RD: You can't get backstage passes unless you know someone either on the tour (a skater) or with the tour somehow (a member of the crew or IMG) so I wouldn't count on getting one of those passes for next year. They aren't something you can buy when you get your ticket. Just an FYI so you don't get your hopes up for that next year! I'm SO glad you had fun at the show though and I can't wait to see your pictures when I get home from work tonight.

Disco: Better late than never...some of us still don't have the pics from their 1st show up yet! I think you're doing better than me, LOL

Thanks for the report, Red Dog. I totally agree about live skating versus TV. Some of the best shows I have been to are local club shows, benefits, etc., plus the cheesefests when they used to come to town.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    RD: You can't get backstage passes unless you know someone either on the tour (a skater) or with the tour somehow (a member of the crew or IMG) so I wouldn't count on getting one of those passes for next year. They aren't something you can buy when you get your ticket. Just an FYI so you don't get your hopes up for that next year! I'm SO glad you had fun at the show though and I can't wait to see your pictures when I get home from work tonight.
    aaaaahhh...the security guy I asked told me that the passes came with their tickets...so I assumed that you could get one if you were a member or something. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Makes me kind of feel better actually, lol.

Makes sense now that I think about it.

Probably better that I DIDN'T go backstage, actually...because it was raining that night and I didn't have anything to keep the SOI program dry. The next thing I know, the pages were stuck together and now it's partially ruined. :banging: I was mad enough, but imagine if it had been signed...

Here are great pics from Toronto CSOI:

http://www.scratchspin.com/2008/csoi08/csoi08.shtml

Enjoy!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12