Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 175

Thread: Stars On Ice Review

  1. #16
    Joey Votto Fangirl KwanFan1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Posts
    781
    Thanks for the great review! The show sounds fantastic and I can't wait to see it when it comes back to Ohio, thankfully during a month where we don't get a lot of snow, LOL

    Red Dog-I think you'll have a great time at the show and if you can at least post some impressions of the show when you get home, I would love to read what you thought about everything! BTW-Baltimore is a great city and if I lived closer, I'd be at that show too!

  2. #17
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,590
    Kwanfan, I believe the show goes to Cleveland/Columbus the last week of March.

    I definitely hope it's worth it, and it should be. I'll see what I can do as far as impressions go. Any word on cameras? (I know no flash/no video because it says so on the ticket). I'm going to be pretty close to the action so it's a good opportunity to possibly get some shots, if they'll come out lol...

    ETA: Thanks for the review BTW Skamper. Sounds like a good one, it'll be cool to watch the ABC broadcast and then later on, catch it live.
    Last edited by R.D.; 11-28-2007 at 12:09 AM.

  3. #18
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,750
    RD, by all means go for it! It's a great show (OK, we're a little biased about this as we've been attending it every year since 1993), but seriously, it's amazing!

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    I am not going -why because of your reviews. you have your favorite skaters and build it up and say its great, when i go it is a bore, and a dude.
    i even won tickets to an SOI Show and got in for the practice and seeing how they skated and interacted
    I was bored stiff, the only Cool part was watching that. they show itself was a dude . i would have wasted my money

    I went to earlier ones on 1996/1997 and 1998/1999. they were great.
    we finally broke down and went a year ago--boring ,dud.

  5. #20
    Moving Forward
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    here and there from there and here
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    I am not going -why because of your reviews. you have your favorite skaters and build it up and say its great, when i go it is a bore, and a dude.
    As you say, we all have our favorite skaters and while mine are not with the tour this year, I plan on going anyway. Even when my least favorite skaters are with the tour, it is always entertaining, never a "dude." It's skating!!

    If you go to the show planning to have a bad time, you will. If you go planning to enjoy the show and have a good time, you will. I say, why not enjoy yourself!!

  6. #21
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,714
    I agree Nan. We all know who your favorite skater is , as you wipe the drool when that favorite skater comes onto the ice.

    I am not much of a show skater, I love the comps better but I have enjoyed the SOI shows. I would love to go to this one because of D&L, S&Z, and of course Sasha but they are not coming my way. Oh well!!!!

    Dee

  7. #22
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,721
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    I went to earlier ones on 1996/1997 and 1998/1999. they were great.
    we finally broke down and went a year ago--boring ,dud.
    different time, different cast, different direction...

    the 90s were the best time for the show... so far... it was a really close knit family - probably due to all of the tragedy they survived with losing Rob McCaul in 92 and Sergei Grinkov in 95... they were a different group of people too... you had Scott and Kurt for class clowns and Paul and Brian for straightmen... Kristi was the girl next door... Rosalynn was... trying too hard

    you had Katia the china doll, and so yeah it was just the best time for them...

    now skating interest is down and you can't get anyone to go pro (once they retire they seem to leave the sport) so it's just not the same... I say support the crew anyway... you can't get any better that Scott's Stars

  8. #23
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    I am not going -why because of your reviews. you have your favorite skaters and build it up and say its great, when i go it is a bore, and a dude.
    i even won tickets to an SOI Show and got in for the practice and seeing how they skated and interacted
    I was bored stiff, the only Cool part was watching that. they show itself was a dude . i would have wasted my money

    I went to earlier ones on 1996/1997 and 1998/1999. they were great.
    we finally broke down and went a year ago--boring ,dud.
    I'm with you on this point. While I love Kurt and Todd, I'm not that big of a fan of the other skaters, especially Cohen, and it's just not worth giving up something else in order to fit the show into my budget. Actually, there are very few skaters that I would pay to see ~ Kurt, Todd, Michelle, Arakawa, S&Z are the few skaters I would pay to see. Call me a tight-wad or whatever, but that's my story and I'm sticking by it! And please, don't ask me why I don't like Cohen ~ I just don't and I'm tired of people asking me why and acting like I'm a horrible person for not liking her. To each his own.

  9. #24
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990
    I am so happy that sasha went back to anytime, anywhere. I could watch her skate to that song forever.

  10. #25
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,894
    I have been going to Stars on Ice for many years and will be going this year. Granted nothing is a fun as going to competitions, seeing practices and interacting with skaters and coaches. However, last year I was like..Michael Weiss...why did they add him...he was not one of my favorite skaters. But after watching him skate live and in person and I was very impressed and became a fan. I think that when going to a show you need to keep an open mind. Their might not be skaters that you are fans of or even know much about but seeing them in a show as compared to a comp is sometimes much better. Michael is a great show skater. As is Jennifer Robinson.

  11. #26
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    different time, different cast, different direction...

    Kristi was the girl next door...
    There will never be another Kristi.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    i didn't go to plan on having a bad time. i was looking forward to it.

    IT WAS DULL & A DUD. they were bad. BECAUSE of your reviews , we was thinking and expecting it to be good. but it was BAD.
    than the skaters only skated, they didn't perform.(project themselves to the audience). they kept it to themselve.
    SOI is going downhill since 1998. we went before , were the skaters perform for the audience and didn't expect the audience to perform for them.
    but than this lot is all arrogant and divash.

    they were several people who we talk to the next day that was upset at how bad it was. we expected more from the skaters.
    they made us in the audience feel -thank you for your money and nothing else.


    ETA - i am elaborating more.
    i told everyone i knew about it and it would be good. they asked me how i knew and i said i went on the internet and some figure skating fans thought it would be good to see. so they went, and than when i got to work -they was disappointed that i would recommend a bad show like that. they wouldnt go again.
    because it seem when the skaters skated that night. they skated like they didn't want to be their , but only showed up because of their contract (money) or because they had too.
    a few were okay with it, but the show wasn't great.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 11-29-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: merging back to back posts

  13. #28
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,186
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    i am elaborating more.
    i told everyone i knew about it and it would be good. they asked me how i knew and i said i went on the internet and some figure skating fans thought it would be good to see. so they went, and than when i got to work -they was disappointed that i would recommend a bad show like that. they wouldnt go again.
    because it seem when the skaters skated that night. they skated like they didn't want to be their , but only showed up because of their contract (money) or because they had too.
    a few were okay with it, but the show wasn't great.
    So I guess you won't be going to SOI anytime soon. We get it.

  14. #29
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,590
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    i am elaborating more.
    i told everyone i knew about it and it would be good. they asked me how i knew and i said i went on the internet and some figure skating fans thought it would be good to see. so they went, and than when i got to work -they was disappointed that i would recommend a bad show like that. they wouldnt go again.
    because it seem when the skaters skated that night. they skated like they didn't want to be their , but only showed up because of their contract (money) or because they had too.
    a few were okay with it, but the show wasn't great.
    you're making me nervous :sheesh:

  15. #30
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,721
    RD - don't worry about it... SOI will be good...

    it's more than Champions on Ice which was just exhibition programs ala after an event... it's a complete entertainment package... more people are satisfied than not.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •