Does Plushenko still skate? | Golden Skate

Does Plushenko still skate?

Johar

Medalist
Someone was asking about him and I didn't want to pass of incorrect info. What is his current status?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
AFAIK, currently he doesn't. He was supposed to skate in one of the Skating with Celebrities shows, but he pulled out due to injuries. He is though getting involved in politics:frown2:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
So he's not coming back at all??
Also what about Sasha Cohen?
I hope she skates in the Nationals in January.
Otherwise, the women's event won't have much to offer.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the women's event has a lot to offer. Caroline Zhang, Ashely Wagner... they could easily overtake the veterans.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
According to this article he's been practicing twice a day, lately. To make it sound more believable they quote Moskvina who says she's seen him practicing and being in a rather good form (they share the rink).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
honestly I don't miss Sasha ... she's great in the exhibitions... she got her crown...

it's time to see what the 'youngsters' can do.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
honestly I don't miss Sasha ... she's great in the exhibitions... she got her crown...

it's time to see what the 'youngsters' can do.

Ditto to a certain degree because she was never a favorite of mine.
But she says she's coming back, so I am curious to see how well she fares against them.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
she won't be coming back until next year AFAIK... if then.

I hope she's coming back in pairs. Pairs isn't as demanding jump-wise as singles, and she doesn't have good enough edges for dance. But then again, Sasha's such a diva, she won't be willing to share the spotlight.