The headliners, Mao and Kimmie | Golden Skate

The headliners, Mao and Kimmie

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Watching them at Grand Prix Paris last Sunday I could not get the sense that somthing was wrong. Mao breaking down and cry her heart out after she popped a jump in the SP, athough still in 1st place sends a signal in my head. Kimmie smiling from ear to ear that she "landed her lutz" also seems a little wierd. Is kimmie's lutz that inconsistant now that she so happy just to haave landed it even without the planned combonation? I think that our jumpers are not so much jumpers any more. Mao only did one 3/3 in the entire competition, and it looked 2 footed. Kimmie's looked cheated. Kimmie dosen't even talk about maybe doing the 3 axel so i guess that is out of the picture for good. Mao's 3 axel looked fully rotated, but she fell hard.

My thoughts are that the pressure that the Japanese media and even the U.S media is putting on Mao will break her. She is expected to go out and be perfect and land a 3 axel and if she dosne't she feels like she let everyone down. She prety much exected to win Worlds last year and making the same mistkae in the short as she did in Paris cost her the title.

Kimmie. I feel like her heart is really not in it anymore. I think that in in both her programs she is not even trying to skate to the music and now that she is in college, she would rather focus on that ? She already won worlds, so maybe she is having a motivational probelm. Also, it cannot be unkonwn to anybody that kimmie has matured a lot physically over the summer. Her new body could be throwing off her jumps.

thoughts?

Bennett

Record Breaker
Watching them at Grand Prix Paris last Sunday I could not get the sense that somthing was wrong. Mao breaking down and cry her heart out after she popped a jump in the SP, athough still in 1st place sends a signal in my head. Kimmie smiling from ear to ear that she "landed her lutz" also seems a little wierd. Is kimmie's lutz that inconsistant now that she so happy just to haave landed it even without the planned combonation? I think that our jumpers are not so much jumpers any more. Mao only did one 3/3 in the entire competition, and it looked 2 footed. Kimmie's looked cheated. Kimmie dosen't even talk about maybe doing the 3 axel so i guess that is out of the picture for good. Mao's 3 axel looked fully rotated, but she fell hard.

My thoughts are that the pressure that the Japanese media and even the U.S media is putting on Mao will break her. She is expected to go out and be perfect and land a 3 axel and if she dosne't she feels like she let everyone down. She prety much exected to win Worlds last year and making the same mistkae in the short as she did in Paris cost her the title.

Kimmie. I feel like her heart is really not in it anymore. I think that in in both her programs she is not even trying to skate to the music and now that she is in college, she would rather focus on that ? She already won worlds, so maybe she is having a motivational probelm. Also, it cannot be unkonwn to anybody that kimmie has matured a lot physically over the summer. Her new body could be throwing off her jumps.

thoughts?

I agree that Mao is having a lot of difficulty with nerves this season. She had that issue last season, too. But this season she looks really really nervous. That makes me feel concerned.

Kimmie seems to be struggling with her jumps. But I hope that she can eventually get out of it.

Miki seems to be lacking confidence this season possibly because she wasn't able to practice too much over the off season.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
There was a Kimmie thread a few weeks ago and it was discussed that she is, as we can see in competitions, struggling with her jumps. But it's been said, though I'm just repeating the comments of others, that she gamely goes out there at every practice and keeps on trying despite multiple falls. I think it's clear she's adjusting to the bodily changes that, as you said, are pretty apparent.

I don't think her motivation to keep working is at all in doubt, but I can imagine the continued problems she's having are pretty mentally, emotionally, and physically wearing. If that is true, I really hope this gutsy young lady gets her rhythm back and re-learns her jumps (adjusted to her "new" body) and keeps skating. She's a skater I really enjoy watching.