Stephane has problems in making the Final? not sure! | Golden Skate

Stephane has problems in making the Final? not sure!

Takahashi needs a 4th place.

Griazeve needs a Silver

Carriere needs a Win.

and these guys are the ones most apparent to be in Finals.

I would say Takahashi gets gold and eliminates Carriere,

Griazev will take Silver if he skates clean.. He will tie Lambiel.

The Field would be:

Weir
Chan
Lysacek
Takahashi (most likely}

Lambiel with 24
vdPerren with 22

Griazev with 11
Carriere with 9
Davydov with 9.

We'll see. It should be better than I thought.\

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The only way Lambiel could miss the final is if Carriere or Davydov won the gold with an hugely unlikely combined score for them to attain, and Griazev won the silver with a pretty good score (more doable). There is no way Stephane misses the GP final. Van Der Perren is the one on the bubble depending on Griazev.

The only way Lambiel could miss the final is if Carriere or Davydov won the gold with an hugely unlikely combined score for them to attain, and Griazev won the silver with a pretty good score (more doable). There is no way Stephane misses the GP final. Van Der Perren is the one on the bubble depending on Griazev.
Oh, I agree. the only reason I put Stephane in the title was to attract posters to the thread, and just hoping vdp might squeeze in there.

Joe

sillylionlove

Medalist
I don't think there is any chance that Takahashi will lose the gold. He was 13 points ahead of Evan at SA after his short program. He fell three times and still won by a couple of points. So my guess is this is a battle for second and third.

for the GPfinal I am pretty sure that it will be Wier, Lysacek, Takahashi and Chan. After that I couldn't really care less who was there because I think these are the 4 guys that will be battling for the title. If Lambiel makes it, I don't think he will win. Neither will Van Der Perran.

for the GPfinal I am pretty sure that it will be Wier, Lysacek, Takahashi and Chan. After that I couldn't really care less who was there because I think these are the 4 guys that will be battling for the title. If Lambiel makes it, I don't think he will win. Neither will Van Der Perran.
Well, it may be you are not a caring person, but some of us really like figure skating and all skaters. So it is important to us since we care, to see who makes the Finals. It's ok that you caring is limited..

It's also not a prediction thread. It's about who will be in the Finals - all six of them and who wins, we do not base on the last time in competition. The winner will be the best that night.

Joe

sillylionlove

Medalist
Yikes...didn't mean to offend anyone. I am just not a fan of Lambiel...so I meant to say...my favorites are already in the final so I didn't care who went after that. I realize that other people care....so pelase accept my apologies!!

Ximena

Final Flight
Who can give the surprise here? I can't remeber who is Carriere so I don't know what can he do or not. In paper, Dobrin could be a surprise but he has not been having a good season so far. He got injured and then he did a couple of competitions where his best overall scores had been 200. This guy when he can hit those quads, is beautiful, he reminds me a lot to Sasha Abt, but I don't know how much being with Mishin has changed. He is keeping his Mask of Zorro FS but the SP you can tell has Mishin all over it and I don't know if it actually fits him or not.

georgia

On the Ice
Nothing to say on the subject.
Joesitz I have been following the sport of skating for a very long time.
First as a mother of an International figure skater, involved in the sport for about 12 years and later as a spectator. I met skating people, both here in the states and in my birth country Greece. I mingle with many National and international judges, coaches and skaters.
I have never met anybody so well informed, but mostly so non judgemental in our sport like yourself.
How can people like you exist?
Bravo Joe.
Keep up the good work. I read all your posts and I found them outstanding.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who can give the surprise here? I can't remeber who is Carriere so I don't know what can he do or not. In paper, Dobrin could be a surprise but he has not been having a good season so far. He got injured and then he did a couple of competitions where his best overall scores had been 200. This guy when he can hit those quads, is beautiful, he reminds me a lot to Sasha Abt, but I don't know how much being with Mishin has changed. He is keeping his Mask of Zorro FS but the SP you can tell has Mishin all over it and I don't know if it actually fits him or not.

Carriere is the reigning World Junior Champion, and he finished 4th at Skate America with two clean programs that scored 196+ points. He got held down on his PCS scores, SOP for judges' placements for a first Senior performance.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I don't think there is any chance that Takahashi will lose the gold. He was 13 points ahead of Evan at SA after his short program. He fell three times and still won by a couple of points. So my guess is this is a battle for second and third.

Evan wasn't that great, but he wasn't THAT bad either ;) Daisuke only fell twice, and Evan actually won the FS (his 3A magically didn't get downgraded). In the end they were separated by 8 points. But now Daisuke plans 2 quads for his NHK's long.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Carriere is the reigning World Junior Champion, and he finished 4th at Skate America with two clean programs that scored 196+ points. He got held down on his PCS scores, SOP for judges' placements for a first Senior performance.

Carriere did not do two clean programs at Skate America. In the long program he singled his first triple lutz and fell out of the 2nd.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then with a clean FS, Carriere could definitely challenge Griazev for the silver medal. Stephen's had 5 weeks to work his programs.

However, I don't see anyone in this competition who could challenge Takahashi for the gold medal. And I don't think Kostner or Meier could beat Ando on home ice. The Japanese are very savvy when they put together the Singles rosters for NHK--they choose interesting skaters who are not known for their consistency, like Kostner, Czisny, Abbott and early-season Verner.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The only way that Lambiel would miss a spot is if the final placement is:

Davydov or Carriere
Griazev with a monster score to beat Lambiel's on the second tie-break
Takahashi in 3rd or 4th.

Takahashi in 3rd or higher would score 26 points or higher and be guaranteed a spot. Takahashi in 4th would score 24 points and would get a spot on the 1st tiebreak (higher placement in one event being the first tie-break and he'd have 1st/4th).

A win by Davydov or Carriere, each of whom would have a 1st and a 4th for 24 points, would beat Lambiel with 24 points from a 2nd and 3rd on the same tiebreak.

That would leave Lambiel and Griazev to fight out for the last spot on the second (points) tie-break. A third would help no one else qualify.

-----------------

If the final result is:
Takahashi/Griazev OR
Griazev/Takahashi

Both would qualify and Lambiel would get the last spot. Placement would determine how they are seeded for the GPF SP.
-----------------------------------

If the final result is:

Takahashi
Davydov/Carriere
Griazev

• Takahashi would be guaranteed the 4th spot.
  • Lambiel would get the 5th spot, with 24 points.
  • Davydov/Carriere would fight it out with Van der Perren on points, since each would have 22 points with a 2nd and a 4th. Griazev would be out, because although he'd have 22 points, too, either Van der Perren's or Davydov's/Carriere's 2nd would beat out either of Griazev 3rds.

Georgia - What nice words you bestow on me. Thank you. Most posters find me irritating.

Well I was judgemental for awhile when Kwan was serious and before that when Browning just left me in awe. How can such an ice skater look like a stage dancer!! That was Kurt.

After that, I just remembered how important skating is to all skaters, so I tend now to defend those who are bashed. I'm not interested in Nationality or ethnic backgrounds. Just skaters at their best. However, if a skater is what I see as musical, then that skater is my hope for the best. Nowadays it's Stephane Lambiel.

And Georgia, my best wishes to your daughter.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How can such an ice skater look like a stage dancer!! That was Kurt.

Well after Nyah Kurt did give most credit to his wife and his choreographer for that program (both well established dancers) ;) so he's had a lot of help...

he seems more and more inclined towards stage work these days... gotta love him :)

georgia

On the Ice
And Georgia, my best wishes to your daughter.

Joe
Thanks Joe. My daughter is now married and a mother of two. She skated when figures were part of Figure skating, and when Jill and the Yama were the champions of USA.

shine

Record Breaker
Yikes...didn't mean to offend anyone. I am just not a fan of Lambiel...so I meant to say...my favorites are already in the final so I didn't care who went after that. I realize that other people care....so pelase accept my apologies!!

So you are basically posting to say you don't care for Lambiel in a thread meant to discuss Lambiel?

sillylionlove

Medalist
I was basically saying that I dont' care for Lambiel in a thread talking about Lambiel. Where else would I post this...in a thread about Michelle Kwan? :laugh:

I used to like Lambiel. But ever since he took that break I haven't really cared for his skating. I feel like something is missing from his skating. So I when the title of this tread is does Stephane has problems making the final...I feel that he does. But I also said that I don't care whether he makes it or not because at this particular time I am not a fan. However, the way that I said this was rather insulting to people who are fans of his and want him to do well and make the final. So I was apologizing for saying it in a rather rude manner. :bow:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I hope Stephane has all his jumps by the final, the quad-triple, the triple axel, and lands them all cleanly. If he lands all his jumps cleanly he is unbeatable among the current field since the rest of his skating is so strong. I am certain none of Joubert, Takhashi, or the other current contenders could ever stop him no matter what they did, if he would just land all his jumps cleanly.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I used to like Lambiel. But ever since he took that break I haven't really cared for his skating. I feel like something is missing from his skating. So I when the title of this tread is does Stephane has problems making the final...I feel that he does. But I also said that I don't care whether he makes it or not because at this particular time I am not a fan.

so you're a bandwagon jumper . . . try not to injure yourself jumping from one wagon to the next since it's not possible for one to be in the lead/at the top ALL the time.