Pechalat/Bourzat

Jitterbugging in Anticipation

Cappallini/LaNotte - 22
Faiella/Scalli -22

Quick Stepping to the Finals

Virtue/Maoi - 15
Delobel/Schoenfelder - 15
Khoklova/Navitski -13

There you are 8 great Tango teams and two MUST go.Not saving the last dance for me. But which two go?

Joe

MissIzzy

Final Flight
The way things are shaping up, the only way either Italian team can make it is if Khokhlova and Novitski didn't medal, or if the French or Canadians somehow failed to make the top five(is that even possible without withdrawing?). In fact, K&N would have to finish below fourth or get really low scores or they'll still beat out Cappallini and LaNotte on the numbers. And when the only team that could seriously threaten them is the Kerrs, who had a few problems in China. No, barring a withdrawal, three teams will put themselves in this weekend and the Italians will have to hope somebody gets injured again a la last year.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I think this is who will go:

1.) Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto (USA)
2.) Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin (RUS)
3.) Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat (FRA)
4.) Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)
5.) Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (CAN)
6.) Jana Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski (RUS)

This is most likely who will make the final :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's already in the cards, because I can't see any team other than DelShoes, V/M and Khokh/Nov medaling at NHK. And if those 3 teams finish on the podium in any order, they are all in and will join B/A, DomShabs and Pechalat/Bourzat.

The only question is the order of placement of these 3 teams at NHK.

ae9177

On the Ice
I think this is who will go:

1.) Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto (USA)
2.) Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin (RUS)
3.) Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat (FRA)
4.) Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)
5.) Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (CAN)
6.) Jana Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski (RUS)

This is most likely who will make the final :)

That'll be a dream result! :clap:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It's already in the cards, because I can't see any team other than DelShoes, V/M and Khokh/Nov medaling at NHK. And if those 3 teams finish on the podium in any order, they are all in and will join B/A, DomShabs and Pechalat/Bourzat.

The only question is the order of placement of these 3 teams at NHK.

It will be interesting to see how Virtue/Moir's scores compare to Skate Canada. They were wonderful there but like you have pointed out many times home court advantage often can impact scores, and certainly that has been true of Canadian skaters at times in the past since the inception of COP as well. Now they face some real competition on foreign turf. It should be really give a stronger indicator were they stand now.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see how Virtue/Moir's scores compare to Skate Canada. They were wonderful there but like you have pointed out many times home court advantage often can impact scores, and certainly that has been true of Canadian skaters at times in the past since the inception of COP as well. Now they face some real competition on foreign turf. It should be really give a stronger indicator were they stand now.

Well they can certainly challenge Delobel and Schoenfelder that's for sure :)

Final Flight

i totally agree

Well they can certainly challenge Delobel and Schoenfelder that's for sure :)

they can? :think: