Italian - obviously I eat it every day :laugh:
Chinese - I go to a chinese restaurant almost once a month
Japanese - tried two/three times
Indian - tried when I was in the States
Vietnamese - in Vancouver
Greek - when I was in Greece and in the USA
German
Spanish
Russian - in school by a Russian cook, who was invited one day to show us the Russian food. She prepared Blinyi? (Ptichka, help me with this name)
American - Wendy, Burger King, McDonald, Popeye's (Creole???), Amish food (similiar to the German one), Cracklebarrow (sp?)
Mexican - The only one of the list I don't like it.

In the USA it is much easier to find ethnical restaurants. Maybe because I visited big cities such as Philly, Seattle, New York and Baltimore. So when I was there for a month I had time to try different kind of food. :clap: But now also in smaller Italian cities it became more easy to find.

I still miss a lot of other cuisines. In Italy there are a lot of Kebabs (I guess Turkish food), but I have to find the right day to try it.

Which cuisine do you suggest me to try?? Which do you like the most??

My favs are Chinese and Japanese. I liked also the Vietnamese food try in Vancouver.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Italian
Mexican
Chinese
Japanese
Thai
Vietnamese
I'm counting the SEARED EMU (or Emu prepared in some fashion) that I had in Australia as "Australian" since I'm not sure you'd be able to get that in very many other places....:laugh: [And I'll put the Subway Sandwich with Sliced Beets under the same category; they got a real beet thing down there....:laugh:)
German
Swedish (Do love those smokasbords!!)
Singaporean (had it Vancouver BC -- very disappointing -- rather bland IMO tho I suppose it depends on what you order)
Indian (always an adventure; what amuses me about Indian food is that the most innocent-looking stuff can have you running for the ice water......)

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I think the Amish/Cracker Barrel food you had is as close as you got to "original" american food, because it's hardy & homemade style. Which was pretty necessary, since most people worked in hard labor when this country began.(most of my ancestors were hard working Irish settlers.)
Fast food is a horrible reflection of american food, I'm sorry to say.

Italian - yummm
Chinese - Chinese food is so addictive
Japanese - I like sushi alot
Thai-As long it's not too spicy, it's tasty!
Indian - I'll try it one of these days
Vietnamese - I don't think I've had it
Greek - I love any greek food that doesn't contain lamb
German-yup, it's some good stuff (fattening too lol)
Spanish-Never tried original spanish food
Russian - I've made some russian type foods & the were tasty
American - Southern homestyle & Pennsyvanian dutch food is what my Grandma always cooked. It's so good.
Mexican - One of my favorites ethnic foods :)

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jewish (well, I've grown up with it - chicken soup with matzah balls, kugel - a noodle pudding, gefilte fish (a mixture of whitefish & carp - not crazy about it), lox (smoked salmon), bagels, and cream cheese, etc.

These are the ones I've tried and really like:

Chinese
Mexican
Greek
Italian
Japanese
Vietnamese
Thai
Middle Eastern (falafel, shwarma, kebobs, tehina, humuus ...)

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, I am really familiar with the following ones
German (obviously, because I am living there - and I really do enjoy German food and I am not fat yet...:yes:)

French (because I was an Aupair there, and the food is truly great, amazing, completely over the top and just so ... French!)

I cannot write this down, I just cannot... It is embarrassing, and it cannot be called "cuisine", but my host father in France came from England so I am also familiar with English food - and I just did not like it :no:

I also know and like
Italian
Chinese
Japanese
Spanish
Mexican
Greek
Russian (well, I did not enjoy everything in that cuisine, but most of it)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
American - mostly West Coast versions
Alaskan-American
Italian
Chinese (Americanized)
Japanese - only really sushi and I don't like it lol
Phillipino - growing up my best friend was raised with it
Mexican (Americanized)
English
French

Wrlmy

Medalist
American - mostly West Coast versions
Alaskan-American
Italian
Chinese (Americanized)
Japanese - only really sushi and I don't like it lol
Phillipino - growing up my best friend was raised with it
Mexican (Americanized)
English
French

What's Alaskan-American food like? I just never had any but sounds yummy for some reason:p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well it depends... what are we eating, moose, bear, fish, whale (I've never thankfully eaten whale lol), caribou?

it's basically the same ol same ol stuff... just with Alaskan animals ;)

Wrlmy

Medalist
Thanks! I once had this "Alaskan Roll" at a suspicious local Japanese restaurant. It was just a roll with lots of salmon and salmon roe:laugh: Anyway, I kinda want to try moose, actually any kind of deers except for reindeer. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
eh, reindeer is just a northern caribou in many respects... highly overrated lol

Moose is one of the healthiest meats you can get... it's incredibly lean.. and thankfully it does not taste very gamey... yum... love it (you can't make good burgers out of it, but moose burger in sauces or casseroles is so yum!)

as for Alaska rolls - my dad loves them but would agree their not the best sushi rolls.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Hey people in Montana eat moose, deer, elk, bear, bison/buffalo. No whales tho.
I've tried:
Chinese:agree:
Japanese :clap:
Mongolian (really good)
Mexican
French
German
Austrian
Danish (Scandanavian)
Thai (don't like it, either)
Italian:bow:
Polish
Greek
Balkan

sillylionlove

Medalist
I will pretty much eat any kind of food as long as it doens't involve seafood, bugs or some other gross animal body part like brains, intestines, hoves, lips, eyes etc. (think survivor or fear factor)

However, there is one food I cannot eat because my stomach tells me...no way will I digest that...is indian food. Indian curry and me don't agree.

heyang

Record Breaker
I cannot write this down, I just cannot... It is embarrassing, and it cannot be called "cuisine", but my host father in France came from England so I am also familiar with English food - and I just did not like it :no:

Actually I agree with you. When I visited London, the best meals we had were in ethnic restaurants and pub food (i.e chicken pot pie, bangers and mash). It was expensive, but worth it compared to standard English food. We went to one popular English diner type restaurant based upon Rick Steve's Guide to London - he described the cuisine as classic English. Gawd, I gagged - it was flavorless and mushy in texture. So, not worth the effort.

I've had and enjoy:
Chinese (real traditional stuff)
Japanese
Filipino (courtesy of my sister in law)
Indian
Ethiopian
Italian
Spanish
Mexican
Vietnamese
Thai
American
Greek
French
Polish

I've also had some organic poultry, which I do not enjoy. I'm just too used to treated meats. I enjoy lamb, but don't care for free range chicken. Once, I was at my aunt and uncle's home for an impromptu dinner that included roasted Canadian gosling captured in the back yard. (They had 3 familes of geese settle in their back yard. Goose poop all over the yard and a big summer bbq being planned. They captured the babies hoping that the parents would fly away. After the adults flew off, my uncle fattened up the babies and cooked them.) Blech!!!!!! Just way to gamey tasting and kinda like dirt.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
Italian - yummm
Chinese - Duck!!!
Japanese - Sushi!!!!
Thai-Too spicy
Indian - The smell of it sickens me
Vietnamese - no
Greek - Baklava=good
Spanish/Catalan- Paella
Russian - Vkustno!!!
American - Micky D's