Shopping = DONE! | Golden Skate

Shopping = DONE!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Aside for small things that I can get last minute if I want

I am DONE Christmas shopping! Just waiting on it to come to me through the mail....

I LOVE 'net shopping!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
first of all, no one likes a show off ms. toni and second of all... where's your christmas spirit? how you claim to enjoy the season if you're not in a shove and pull match over an argyle sweater at the mall... silly girl... ;):laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
1. I love bragging
2. I HATE malls

so there :p *taunts* I'm done before you are! I'm done before you are! neener neener neener! :laugh:

yeah maturity flew out the window early tonight

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
1. I love bragging
2. I HATE malls

so there :p *taunts* I'm done before you are! I'm done before you are! neener neener neener! :laugh:

yeah maturity flew out the window early tonight

fine be that way!!! (kw stomps off with her toys...)

but seriously though, I can't lie - I LOVE all the drama of the Christmas season at the mall... heck, I LOVE the mall... so many shoes - so many ways to spend money that I don't have... ahhh... the joy of being a consumer... (but in my defense, I've never pushed anybody... at least no one who didn't deserve it...and I don't shop with plastic... credit cards are the devil...)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I shop with plastic, but only the debit card kind... I don't have a credit card...

and your "I've never pushed anyone who didn't deserve it" that reminds me of the story my mom's best friend told me

she was having a really lousy day driving through the home depot parking lot - going slowly - and this lady walking towards the store stopped as if to let the car to through, looked right at my mom's friend and then stepped off the curb... my mom's friend touched the gas (knowing full well she wouldn't hit the woman unless she maybe doubled back) but it was just the idea that the lady gave mixed signals and then dared to step out into her way :laugh:

she tells it better than I can, but I find it hysterical... we all have our moments (I actually start to feel sick in malls... I hate the pushy crowds)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
first of all, no one likes a show off ms. toni and second of all... where's your christmas spirit? how you claim to enjoy the season if you're not in a shove and pull match over an argyle sweater at the mall... silly girl... ;):laugh:
Couldn't agree with you more KW about the show off stuff.

Sorry, but have to agree with Toni about the malls and my getting angry doesn't provide much christmas spriit for me.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Since I end up having vacation days to use up at the end of the year, I take every Wednesday after Thanksgiving up to Christmas as a day off. I get to go shopping at the malls when they aren't super crowded and don't have to drive around the parking lot for 30 minutes (if I'm lucky) to find a parking spot at the far end. However, I still get to enjoy the shopping experience.

Between family, friends and co-workers, I've got between 40 to 45 people to buy gifts for. A couple of those gifts are on behalf of Mom. Usually, I have ideas for all but 5 people and it's just a matter of picking it up or ordering online. However, for the 'difficult' people, it helps me to browse and window shop for a couple of weeks and hope I get an idea or find something. I also like to touch and look at some items (i.e I almost bought a book for my cousin's kids, but when I browsed through several of the pages I realized that it was a bad idea and would've been a waste of my money.)

I usually have all purchases done before the Wednesday before Christmas. If I don't have a ton of stuff to wrap, I either treat myself to a spa day or a movie matinee.

heyang

Record Breaker
that is really cool, ang!!!

Thanks. It also breaks the work week in 1/2, too, and one less work day where I have to wear business attire (only Friday's are casual). It does make it tough when there's a lot going on at work - I had about 30 e-mails from being out of the office for one day and that's after I told lots of people that I wouldn't be around on Wednesday's.

I'm almost done everything, except for baking cookies which I haven't started yet.
I'm waiting on a floodlight to come in to the hardware store so I can finish outside decorations completely.
Inside decorating is done except one floral thing I have to finish after I get out to get the styrofoam for it.
All the presents bought so far are wrapped.
Cards are ready to mail.
I have a bunch of stuff somewhere in the process of being shipped to me which will have to be opened, sorted and wrapped when it gets here.
And since American Express is offering some extra cash back to shop on-line on Dec. 1st, a few last minute things will be ordered then.
I have a ton of pictures already...Maybe I'll post a seperate topic with some of them. Here's my favorite one so far. My 9 month old kitten, Molly, looking at a Christmas tree for the first time ever:
DecoratingforChristmas07008.png

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Many, many, many years ago I begged for a cabbage patch doll (early 80's). I was at the store with my mom and she let me wander around (it was safe then) while she shopped. I came around the corner to see my mother reaching for a red-haired cabbage patch doll on the shelf and telling the woman who was reaching for the same doll that she "saw it first and it was her's" and somthing to the effect that it would only be over her dead body that she wouldn't go home without the doll. My mom didnt' see me and though I didn't know about the incident (and my mom is NOT the kind of person to argue over a doll).

On Xmas, I unwrapped the doll and so excited I started to cry - and so did my mom. She the the proceeded to confess the entire story to the family. I told her I forgave her but my father was livid. LOL

Grgranny's Baby

Rinkside
Um, Toni....I hope you did not forget to buy my present! PM me if you need my address. I've been a very good girl this year. Anyway, you still have plenty of time if you forgot me. I won't be insulted if you send cash. :p :biggrin:

P.S. Mom has been a good girl also.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I got a cabbage patch doll in the 80's too. I was too old for the doll buy my mom's friend had to get one for me. I actually still have the doll. It's in really good condition. I also still have my atari 2600!! Yikes...I think I just dated myself.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Um, Toni....I hope you did not forget to buy my present! PM me if you need my address. I've been a very good girl this year. Anyway, you still have plenty of time if you forgot me. I won't be insulted if you send cash. :p :biggrin:

P.S. Mom has been a good girl also.

:p I am unemployed! no toys for you! :laugh:

sillylion - I have my atari 800... ok well it was really my dads, but I love that old system