Best Ladies' figure skater of all time? Take 2 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Best Ladies' figure skater of all time? Take 2

Best women singles skater of all time

• Total voters

oleada

Record Breaker
Midori Ito :rock:
So ahead of her time. She'd still be winning if she were competing now!

If you include their pro careers, I would say that Henie, Witt, and Yamaguchi are the top three.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Best Ladies' figure skater of all time?

This could be argued until the cows come home!

In my lifetime, I would say Kwan is the best competitive skater. However, if we're talking about most artistically beautiful skater, in my opinion, she wouldn't be in the running.

Dizzy

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for other. I didn't see Sasha's name listed. It could be there I just didn't see it.

Dee

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
She may not be considered as the greatest, but my favorite is Arakawa. She's as near to perferction as you can get: Stong, feminin and technicly great.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
The greatest is without a doubt Sonja Henie. If it wasn't for her, figure skating wouldn't be half as artistic as it is.

Germanice

On the Ice
Witt for me. She's not my favourite female skater by any means, but one cannot discuss two Oly Gold medals away.

Another fact is - it's an English speaking board with an overwhelming majority of US posters here; It's quite ... "logical" ... Kwan won, no matter what. :laugh:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kwan's record and accomplishments stand up in any language:).

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I voted for "other".

My list:

1. You-Na Kim (not yet a world champion but really the best ladie´s
figure skater of all time
2. Irina Slutskaya (she was always better than Michelle Kwan)
3. Shizuka Arakawa (only two great performances [world 2004 and Olympics
2006], but for the eternity

Well, let me check this poll out....

Ah yes...Michelle Kwan 73, Sonia Henie 4. That sounds about right... :biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
OK, dream on .... :biggrin:
And what's about your 1st sign??? ... Such a contradiction ... ;) :laugh:

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

Record for record, title for title, performannce for performance - who's better? Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean you can discount her impact, longevity and ability to deliver over and over and over...

Quality is quality regardless of what language you speak... :yes::yes:

BigJohn

On the Ice
Kristi Yamaguchi. Only problem is she retired too soon. She was pretty good in pairs too.

icedance21

Rinkside
I'm tempted to pick Sonja Henie or Katarina Witt since they both won so many world & olympic titles. However, I pick Peggy Fleming because she was so graceful, so elegant, and really the image of US figure skating rising from the tragedy in 1961.

doubleaxel

Rinkside
I was a bit reluctant to vote on this poll because there are so many young ladies nowadays that can take the place of the "most talented skater of all time" ... Michelle Kwan had very heartfelt performances, but her technical elements are largely overrated. Both Kristi Yumaguchi and Irina Slutskaya had two of the most famous jumping talents in history. But they are not the "best in all aspects". I'll see what happens to Yu-na Kim, Caorline Zhang, and Mirai Nagasu, but until then, I don't feel qualified enough to choose anyone.