Predicting the PCSs from the TESs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predicting the PCSs from the TESs

enlight78

Medalist
I am curious as to if the top ladies start to consistantly land seven triples with a triple axel or if Miki starts to consistantly land her qaud would the ISU raise the factor of womens PCs because of three or four skaters.
Caroline Zhang has figure out how to get a perfect + 3 in spins. If figure skaters figure out how to het high 8's ,9's or 10's in PCs will the technical difficulty drop in retrospect and the Tes to Pcs correlation will be reversed.

I am curious as to if the top ladies start to consistantly land seven triples with a triple axel or if Miki starts to consistantly land her qaud would the ISU raise the factor of womens PCs because of three or four skaters.
Caroline Zhang has figure out how to get a perfect + 3 in spins. If figure skaters figure out how to het high 8's ,9's or 10's in PCs will the technical difficulty drop in retrospect and the Tes to Pcs correlation will be reversed.
Great question!

I think the first scenario is more likely. The top men already score consistently higher in tech than in PCS. At Worlds, 8 of the top ten had considerably higher TES, up to 10 points or more (the two exceptions, notably, are Buttle and Weir).

Zhang getting +3 in GOEs on her spins counts on the technical side, the same as Asda's 3A and Ando's quad. Even if ladies started getting 9.0s across the board in PCS, that's still "only" 72 points. Skaters like Mao and Yuna could keep pace with tech if they landed everything (we may see someone get 210 total at worlds this year).