Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Wrlmy

Medalist
Interestingly you and a lot of other people seem to be pretty harsh with CarolinaK only since when she's in competition with caroZ for the GP spot....

I believe if she will do bad tomorrow she will have a couple fo fans back...

Wow that was pretty harsh! Anyway, I love her program (and music too), and she will go to GPF if she earns it. I hope she skates well tomorrow, so seems like I want her at GPF:p

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, Alissa! :clap:

I'm rooting for Alissa and Miki -- she's yet to have a great performance this season. And I want to see her beautiful 3/3 back!

kikakiks

On the Ice
My dream podium would have Alissa as first tomorrow...But it is very unlikely...just hope she will do good, today I was so happy! Miki...sorry, if she goes on like this she will fail to impress me!

R.D.

Record Breaker
It would be cool to have Alyssa win. But it ain't happening here, even if by some freak of nature she gets her FP down. Competition's too stiff...

Lightspear

Rinkside
Red Dog - I hope Alyssa proves you wronf with the kind of skate she performed at last years U.S. Nationals. When she is on, she is one of the most elegant and graceful skaters on the ice. Also a wonderful woman and a gracious person with the fans.

Go Alyssa!!

Bennett

Record Breaker
I thought Caro FANTASTIC:love::love::love: She looked extremely charming.

I loved Alissa's spins. She has very beautiful positions. I love her camel and layback. Her sit spin is also very beautiful.

I also loved Sarah's program. Fresh and full of joy. She has a story to tell. I feel that this program has some classical taste and brings me to childhood nostalgia.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Carolina may have looked charming, but she didn't skate well. She won because her SP score held her up over Sarah Meier.

Carolina is going to the GPF in Torino, and she is notorious for poor skating in her home country. She bombed majorly at Euros 2005 in Torino, and again at the Olympics. She just can't control her nerves!

kikakiks

On the Ice
Carolina may have looked charming, but she didn't skate well. She won because her SP score held her up over Sarah Meier.

Carolina is going to the GPF in Torino, and she is notorious for poor skating in her home country. She bombed majorly at Euros 2005 in Torino, and again at the Olympics. She just can't control her nerves!

She needs a serious sport psycologist. She's a great practice skater, her long has a great score potential. Today she won by little because her coach told her not to try the thriple -triple and the axel - triple. after the fall on the double toe che lost concentration once again, and what should have been an easy win became a close call...I can't believe.......she should win the prize for worst nerves in figure skating history. I hope for once she will skate well in Turin (or at least a so-so short and good long - for a change!:))

Bennett

Record Breaker
I thought Miki's PCS overmarked. I think that she did pretty well. But I don't really think she deserved 8.0's that some of the judges gave her. She didn't have much speed and her program doesn't have many transitional foot steps or choreos. Although she seemed to have been working on her posture and arms, her arms still looked awkward and stiff. Her posture was slightly better than the last year, but not really good, esp. in her spirals. Although I wasn't surprised when Yuna or Mao got 8.0's from some of the judges, I don't get why this performance deserved 8.0's, except that she is the defending world champ skating in front of the home audience.

On the other hand, I think Carolina had great speed, a lot of interesting, sophisticated moves, good connection with the music, and nice appeal to the audience. I feel that Caro deserved better PCS than Miki for this SP performance.

Last edited:

kikakiks

On the Ice
I thought Miki's PCS overmarked. I think that she did pretty well. But I don't really think she deserved 8.0's that some of the judges gave her. She didn't have much speed and her program doesn't have many transitional foot steps or choreos. Although she seemed to have been working on her posture and arms, her arms still looked awkward and stiff. Her posture was slightly better than the last year, but not really good, esp. in her spirals. Although I wasn't surprised when Yuna or Mao got 8.0's from some of the judges, I don't get why this performance deserved 8.0's, except that she is the defending world champ skating in front of the home audience.

On the other hand, I think Carolina had great speed, a lot of interesting, sophisticated moves, good connection with the music, and nice appeal to the audience. I feel that Caro deserved better PCS than Miki for this SP performance.

i have probably wrote this a hundred times in a hundred different places...but I agree with you...Ando's pcs are a mistery to me....But it really is about Morozov being her coach as Joe pointed out in another post.