Nancy Kerrigan's world of skating | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan's world of skating

sillylionlove

Medalist
According to my wonderful Comcast cable on screen guide, this SAturday 12/1/07 (i forgot what time but it was in the afternoon) they are listing Nancy Kerrigan's world of skating. The description says "An Evening with Champions."

I just thought I would let everyone know in case they want to check it out.

This seems to be on quite frequently. Sometimes it is synchro skating and Nancy commentates. I can't stand listening to her monotone voice doing voice overs of these shows. I've tuned in on occassion because the listing would say something like "Sergei and Katia" in whatever performance, and it wouldn't be what was listed when I tuned in to watch.

This seems to be on quite frequently. Sometimes it is synchro skating and Nancy commentates. I can't stand listening to her monotone voice doing voice overs of these shows. I've tuned in on occassion because the listing would say something like "Sergei and Katia" in whatever performance, and it wouldn't be what was listed when I tuned in to watch.
One of the main reasons I go to LIVE competitions - that interest me - is that I do not have to listen to commentators. I do enjoy watching my taped commentaries from TV competitions that I have already seen LIVE. Often enough I realize something I missed. Nobody's voice bothers me once I get used to it. And I do not dislike someone who is commentating for any personal reasons. That would not be my concern..

Nancy is quite knowledgeable about Singles and Pairs and she has gotten to know more about Ice Dance. I don't know whether she is good at Synchronized or not.

Joe

I believe it's a local channel CN8. I could be wrong, it may be nationally syndicated or something, but if it is the CN8 channel, I think only folks in the immediate South Jersey area get the channel.
I have yet to check it and see an actual "show" such as Evening with Champions being aired. I know it is not Nancy's fault that the tv guide says one thing and what is aired is another, but it's disappointing to expect to see an old show with Sergei and Katia skating and find synchro being aired.

OldSkaterMom

Match Penalty
Once you get used to Nancy's voice it isn't too bad. At least she doesn't ramble on and on and on. She seems to know what she in talking about regarding synchro. My daughter skated synchro for ten years.

She is also the commentator for the site we aren't allowed to mention on this forum that you have to subscribe to.....I hope you know what I mean.

heyang

Record Breaker
CN8 is the local channel for Comcast. If you don't get it, you can go to their website since they stream their broadcast over the internet.

sillylionlove

Medalist
It was actually an Evening with Champions from this year. The second part is going to be aired on this coming Saturday.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
It was actually an Evening with Champions from this year. The second part is going to be aired on this coming Saturday.
It will likely be a repeat broadcast on Saturday.

Press release: http://www.cn8.tv/utilities/release...easeID=758&lChannelID=660&subhead=sportspress
"Nancy Kerrigan's World of Skating" episodes airing on CN8 this winter include:

Lake Placid Junior Grand Prix, Saturday, November 17, 9:30 p.m.
Coverage highlights the Ladies, Mens, Pairs and Dance competitions; skaters include 14-year-old sensation Mirai Nagasu

Evening with Champions, Saturday, December 1, 9:30 p.m.
The annual exhibition feature features U.S. National silver medalist Emily Hughes, reigning national pairs champions Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, and the ageless Protopopovs

Artistry on Ice, Saturday, December 15, 9:30 p.m.
Enjoy some of Nancy's most cherished moments on the ice as she discusses the artistic process that has defined her success

Countdown to Nationals, Saturday, January 5, 9:30 p.m.
Nancy and a panel of skating experts preview the upcoming U.S. National Figure Skating Championships, as well as features and interviews with top contenders

Colors of Winter, Saturday, January 19, 9:30 p.m.
An outdoor skating exhibition brings together a collection of stars - including Nancy and World Champion Evgeny Plushenko - in a mix of spectacular scenery and world class skating

U.S. Junior Championships [Intermediate/Juvenile Nationals], Saturday, February 2, 9:30 p.m.
The next generation of American stars take to the ice in the Ladies and Dance competitions

U.S. Junior Championships [Intermediate/Juvenile Nationals], , Saturday, February 16, 9:30 p.m.
The next generation of American stars take to the ice in the Mens and Pairs competitions

U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships, Saturday, March 1, 9:30 p.m.
America's best Synchro teams including the Haydenettes from Lexington, Mass. compete for the national title

World Junior Figure Skating Championship, Saturday, March 22, 9:30 p.m.
The best up-and-coming skaters in the world compete in the international spotlight

World Synchronized Skating Championships, Saturday, April 12, 9:30 p.m.
The world's top synchro teams compete for the title in Budapest

Stars of Tomorrow, Saturday, May 10, 9:30 p.m.
Highlights from some of the best 2007-2008 skating competitions
These shows are usually two hours in length and repeated within the same week.

fenway

On the Ice
Once you get used to Nancy's voice it isn't too bad. At least she doesn't ramble on and on and on. She seems to know what she in talking about regarding synchro. My daughter skated synchro for ten years.

She is also the commentator for the site we aren't allowed to mention on this forum that you have to subscribe to.....I hope you know what I mean.

Yah Nancy may not have the most aesthetically pleasing voice but at least she's knowledgeable and knows when to shut it...unlike some other commentators who shall remain nameless ;)