Anyone Know of Kaela Pflumm, Erika Choi Smith or Michael Solonoski? | Golden Skate

Anyone Know of Kaela Pflumm, Erika Choi Smith or Michael Solonoski?

I saw these skaters skate today at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. We went to view the Christmas floral/tree displays in the conservatory and took in the little 20 minute skating performance as well.
Kaela was listed as a two time 4th place Jr. pairs skater but she was skating solo today.
Erika was listed as "a Junior International Team Member".
Michael Solonoski was listed as a Junior National Bronze medalist.
I have never heard of them but thought maybe some of you hear may have.
They all skated pretty well on the tiny surface they were given to perform on. No one could really show case their ability on the small surface, but they did their best.
I have pictures if anyone is interested.
Also appearing in some of the performances are Tiffany Scott and Phillip Dulebohn. I think they mostly appear in the night time shows. They were featured on the television special that was on last week to preview the Christmas displays at Longwood Gardens.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
whoa... time out Tiffany and Phillip are skating together again????? :eek:

Toni, yes....at least for performances at the Longwood Gardens. Here's a link to the page from Longwood's website that describes the skating a little:

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/IceSkatingPerformances2007.html

I watched the special that was on a week or so ago in my area, which they always run to "remind" people of the gorgeous Christmas displays at Longwood. Tiffany and Scott were on the special and they looked pretty good.

It looks like there are at least a dozen skaters, maybe more, that share the performances. The listing of "scheduled appearances" isn't correct, though. There was no program for the skating performance so I turned my camera on video for the little announcement before the show so I'd get the names of the skaters. I compared it to the schedule on the website and Kaela wasn't listed but she WAS announced as the one skater. You weren't supposed to video the performance so I only got that audio of the announcement because I knew I'd never remember the names, and didn't realise they were listed on the website. But good thing I audio'd (is that a word? LOL?) since the website wasn't accurate.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful pics of a real "gem" of a place in the Philly area, Pat. Thanks for sharing them. :clap:

IIRC, didn't Tonia Kwiatkowski skate there either last season or two seasons ago?

In '05 we went for the night-time light display at Longwood and there wasn't any skating at all then as far as I know of. I could be mistaken, but I think '06 may be the first year there were skating performances at Longwood. I don't remember Tonia being mentioned but we didn't go to Longwood in '06 so I really have no idea who appeared that year.